13 replies to this topic

#11 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:56 PM

well, learnin' something every day... never thought of using the bidet method before!

I use a bidet that is MUCH better than the method described in this article. I know it as a microscope slide wash bottle - my sister called it a "hillbilly bidet". You need to remove the inner tube in order to use the bottle upside down. I started using it at home too when the hoarders bought up all the toilet paper. 

https://www.amazon.c...0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

#12 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:48 PM

I have to disagree that it is common sense. From what I have seen, and cleaned up, the vast majority of people do not have a clue. This education is clearly needed.

A couple of weeks ago I cleaned up the most disgusting campsite I have ever seen. The woman had used the area in a circle around the campsite (a lot of t.p. with no feces = female) but feces too - none of it was buried. The man had used the creek. Several rocks were covered with feces and the t.p. along with a pair of dirty boxer shorts were slowly circling around the eddy in this small creek that I often sit by. They both had used a lot of toilet paper and they were not at all healthy. 

I grabbed a trash bag as well as a doggy doo bag to use as a glove but I had no way to clean off the rocks without losing my lunch (which was already threatening - it is probably a good thing that I am used to picking up dog doo but his was really, really gross) I also picked up a half dozen apples as well as dozens of citrus wedges and egg shells.  I was so upset that I almost went home. I did go camp somewhere else.

I don't believe that anyone like this can be "educated". I have encountered far too many "adults" who take umbrage at being told they are doing something wrong - I think it is an ego thing.  

Poo Haiku

Early spring aspens

No leaves to cover the sun

Why did you poop here?

Edited by teledork, 11 May 2022 - 11:32 PM.

#13 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 12 May 2022 - 01:59 AM

Thanks for reminder. I need to put another pair of gloves in the camper. Getting low on trash bags too.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#14 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 12 May 2022 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for reminder. I need to put another pair of gloves in the camper. Getting low on trash bags too.

You are welcome. I had to put more trash bags in my camper after this episode. I forgot I had gloves in my first aid kit but the doggy bags did the job. Thank you for reminding me that I need to put more doggy bags in the truck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users