Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 09 December 2021 - 01:12 AM

"Reckless Arson" arrest on Caldor Fire

https://www.tahoedai...ng-caldor-fire/

the rest of what I am thinking I will keep to myself 

Edited by teledork, 09 December 2021 - 01:13 AM.

#292 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 December 2021 - 02:36 AM

Well I will say it. What a pair of useless blobs of protoplasm. 

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#293 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 10 December 2021 - 06:17 PM

Well I will say it. What a pair of useless blobs of protoplasm. 

My words were different but you did capture the sentiment. 

Their lawyer says they have never committed a crime but then there is this:

Further, Travis received a felony weapons charge for unlawfully and intentionally converting "a firearm into a machine gun or knowingly manufacture a machine gun" sometime between Aug. 9 and Aug. 14, according to the document. Both he and David also received a felony weapons charge for unlawfully possessing a silencer for firearms sometime between Aug. 11 and Sept. 23.

I guess this case has my attention for several reasons. One is that it is perfectly legal to do stupid things during dangerous weather conditions that may start a fire and we all have to sit around and wait for the fire burn forest, homes and endanger lives before law enforcement will do anything but shrug their shoulders. I also believe I was "red flagged" for calling non-emergency dispatch in what I thought was a dangerous situation but that is a whole 'nuther story - 

I am surrounded by neighbors who have the intellectual, emotional and social intelligence of a child with oppositional - defiant personality disorder along with a good dose of magical thinking (ex: "I can mow dry weeds during a Red Flag Warning because I am smart and special") and in spite of losing nearly half of our community to a fire just a little over a year ago these people just don't get it.

I want to see some teeth put in Red Flag Warnings. The" recommendations" spelled out in that particular weather warning assumes that people are decent, intelligent and humble. That assumption is dreadfully incorrect.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users