36 replies to this topic

#31 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 21 September 2022 - 03:45 PM

Have you considered that the feeling that it hasn’t shaken in a while may be a poorly developed earthquake sensor within yourself?

Perhaps, something akin to other animal’s sense that drove them away from low ground in anticipation of the incoming waves before the 2004 Indonesian quake & tsunami?

There remain things that may yet be little understood about ourselves and our world.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#32 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 22 September 2022 - 04:32 PM

Have you considered that the feeling that it hasn’t shaken in a while may be a poorly developed earthquake sensor within yourself?

Perhaps, something akin to other animal’s sense that drove them away from low ground in anticipation of the incoming waves before the 2004 Indonesian quake & tsunami?

There remain things that may yet be little understood about ourselves and our world.

Paul

I often think it is shaking when it is just the sound of a truck on the highway or I feel something and just don't take the time to look it up. I know at one point the geologic survey had recorded more than 70 quakes in a particular period and I had felt about 1/3 of those - the ones which were 2.5 and on up. But yeah - I have considered how" poorly developed" I am in many arenas so thanks fo pointing that out.  

I think we are just pretty much <<<<<yawn>>>>>> around here. It took several hours for the Did You Feel It page to collect any data other than the reports from me and my housemate.  

#33 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 22 September 2022 - 11:51 PM

Mexico earthquake caused waves at California's Death Valley

4,167 views Sep 21, 2022 The 7.6-magnitude earthquake which struck western Mexico on Monday caused a 1.2-meter (4 foot) seiche in Devils Hole at California's Death Valley, according to the National Park Service, which released footage of the event on late Wednesday night.

Show less

Edited by pvstoy, 22 September 2022 - 11:52 PM.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#34 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 22 September 2022 - 11:57 PM

I was just going to post this on the earthquake in Mexico. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#35 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 23 September 2022 - 12:54 AM

That is incredible. Just goes to show how powerful a quake can be.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#36 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 23 September 2022 - 01:12 AM

I was just going to post this on the earthquake in Mexico. :)

My gal had just showed it to me and since this was a current earth quake posting threw it in.

Feel free to post on the earthquake about Mexico info and re post the vid.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#37 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 24 September 2022 - 04:11 AM

Mexico earthquake caused waves at California's Death Valley

4,167 views Sep 21, 2022 The 7.6-magnitude earthquake which struck western Mexico on Monday caused a 1.2-meter (4 foot) seiche in Devils Hole at California's Death Valley, according to the National Park Service, which released footage of the event on late Wednesday night.

Show less

That is amazing.  I wouldn't know what to think if I saw this happen to a quiet desert pool.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users