Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 20 July 2021 - 06:20 PM

Thanks Steve that was a fun watch.

I like my bamboo 7'er..Fishing with a cane rod is a lot

of fun.My rod is a custom made one that was a friends fathers.

She gave it to me back around 08 and I have had a lot of great times

on the water with it.From Grayling in Denali to cuts in Yellowstone.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 Toddhom

Toddhom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 August 2021 - 05:28 PM

If anyone is interested I have some old bamboo rods I'd be willing to sell.  I have two rods by Fred Debell out of Denver they are both 8'6" 5-6 weight rods made from Phillipson and Granger parts.  Fred owned a sporting goods store in Denver.  When Phillipson and Granger stopped making bamboo rods he bought up a bunch of blanks and hardware and pieced together some nice rods some of which are exactly the same as what  Phillipson or Granger were selling.  I have another one that's a very nice 8'0", 5 weight Granger Victory.  A really nice rod in excellent shape.  Finally I have a Phiilipson Premium 7'0" 4-5- weight.  Contact me if anyone is interested.  I can give you more info if needed

Todd Homchick

#4 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 07 August 2021 - 09:04 PM

If anyone is interested I have some old bamboo rods I'd be willing to sell.  I have two rods by Fred Debell out of Denver they are both 8'6" 5-6 weight rods made from Phillipson and Granger parts.  Fred owned a sporting goods store in Denver.  When Phillipson and Granger stopped making bamboo rods he bought up a bunch of blanks and hardware and pieced together some nice rods some of which are exactly the same as what  Phillipson or Granger were selling.  I have another one that's a very nice 8'0", 5 weight Granger Victory.  A really nice rod in excellent shape.  Finally I have a Phiilipson Premium 7'0" 4-5- weight.  Contact me if anyone is interested.  I can give you more info if needed

Todd Homchick

Todd you might also want to place your post in the "camping and outdoor thread",or" the gear exchange thread".

The rods sound nice.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users