#1 Cowgirl in Mt

Cowgirl in Mt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:24 PM

Hello everyone,
I am replacing the vent in living area by stove and replacing it with a Maxxair remote control fan. When I took off the vent before I ordered the fan I saw that there was a loop of wire, one black and one white, tucked up in the place between the vent and wood. I assume that this is for wiring in a 12 volt fan. So do I just cut the wires and use a wire nut to connect the fan?
Also does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2010 10’ CO?
I am waiting for jack extensions to actually put this on my truck for the first time. Should I put 2x4’s in the bed of the truck? I have a GMC 2011 Sierra 3500 LB crew cab.
Thanks for any information.
Carla
Cowgirl in MT. (Soon).

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 24 July 2021 - 06:55 PM

Carla, I suspect you are correct, but I would put a multi meter on the wires to ensure you have 12VDC there.   If no voltage, the other end may not be connected to the DC bus bar.

edit:  it could also be lighting or solar.   You might call Alaskan and speak with Bryan or Rick to be sure.

I am haunted by waters

#3 popRoid

popRoid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 July 2021 - 11:17 PM

Carla:

Attached find a picture of how I build out the truck bed (Ford F350) so the camper clears the bed rails....the longer 2x2 sticks were initially used to see if I needed more material to clear the bed rails...once I established that I just rely on the shorter 2x4's with 1/2 inch plywood caps running across the bed and pulled the longer sticks out completely before loading the camper.  If you have a 10' cabover you will need additional support under the camper door and on top of the opened tailgate. 

2x4 with 1/2 inch plywood cap/truck bed camper support
Alaskan Storage Truck Box
Alaskan Storage Box with Steps Attached

Truck bed support for Alaska Camper

I'd imagine your Alaskan came pre-wired for the 12V fan you are about to install so just follow black to black...white to white.....and cap with wire nuts.   

Cheers...Lloyd

2018 10' Alaskan Cabover/2017 Ford  F350 Dually Diesel

#4 Cowgirl in Mt

Cowgirl in Mt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 25 July 2021 - 12:14 AM

Thank you for the reply’s and pictures. Nice storage box and step set up! I see in one of your side view pictures it looks like you added metal strips screwed into the side of the back end and ending resting on the tailgate. What do those do? Just add some support?

#5 popRoid

popRoid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 August 2021 - 02:23 AM

Carla:

I have a step hanger attached to the bottom of the Alaskan camper door to hang steps off of when not using the carryall tool chest.  Also, I added a step hangar to the tool chest for steps with the tool chest acting as a porch landing step.

Lloyd  

2018 10' Alaskan Cabover/2017 Ford  F350 Dually Diesel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Maxxair, Wiring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users