• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 August 2021 - 02:30 AM

Just ordered the Aventon Aventure step through E-Bike. Got lots of good reviews and more importantly it was in stock to ship....at least that's what they said last week....lol

They gave a 5% discount through Govx so saved almost $100 there and they said (as many have) that the price was going up in September because shipping and parts have gone up.

I am looking forward to getting it and hoping to use it to gain access to hard to reach places for photography!

Also have a front hitch receiver coming for the F250. Install on that looks pretty easy, just bolts and muscle, which I'll hunt up...lol

The bike is 73 lbs so taking it on and off to get into the camper would be a pain. Will update as things occur :)

AventureSoCalSand.jpg

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 08 August 2021 - 03:06 AM

Very nice!  Let us know how it does for you!  I’ve thought about one, too.

I am haunted by waters

#3 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,053 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 August 2021 - 03:12 PM

You are gonna love going up hills.... I still laugh when someone does a double take as I fly up a steep slope. 

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#4 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 12:16 AM

Love my eBike! We have mid-drive bikes, but from everything I've read, Aventon's are a great value!

#5 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 August 2021 - 01:46 PM

Well tracking says I'm going to get this thing Friday. If I do that's 6 days from order to delivery and I ordered on a Saturday.... Hard to believe when so many other bikes are months out! 

More to come!

#6 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 11 August 2021 - 06:33 PM

Following..

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#7 bsharp007

bsharp007

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 14 August 2021 - 12:46 AM

My wife and I have had the Aventon Level for about 3 months, we've been riding them everywhere.  The battery life is as advertised, it is a good value IMO.

Will,  2019 Ford F150 with a 2022 Hawk

#8 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 August 2021 - 01:33 PM

Delivery changed to Monday. Still super fast if it makes it. Gives me time to go buy a helmet and tire pump...lol

#9 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:13 AM

Well it's here! Not so bad to put together. Ran it on the street to test it out. Got up to 28mph! It's definitely got some get up and go. On power assist 1 it is much more tame :) Now I need a beach to try it out on!

BTW they gave me 5% off with Govx id. Prices going up in September because of everything else going up.... All the bikes but this one was actually available over the other one I was interested in. That one was months behind.....

aventon porch sm.jpg

#10 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 August 2021 - 11:41 AM

Got an update. After having a few wonderful minutes on the bike, I parked it in the living room and charged the battery. Well that did not go so well. Started out fine but within the hour the charger got really hot and a blue light came on in the battery.

Could not find out any info on what the blue light was but when the charger hit 166 degrees it got unplugged! The battery never got warm so not sure what's going on but have emailed Aventon.

With the time difference I will likely not hear from them til late morning. (East Coast). Based on what I have heard I am hoping for a quick resolution. Will keep you all apprised :)

It was fun to ride though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users