Photo
- - - - -

Anyone in Corvallis OR area have a Bobcat camper.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 roc

roc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:26 PM

Hi everyone, We ordered a new Bobcat for our Tacoma truck, should be ready by March.  We haven't actually seen the Bobcat but have seen similar size pop-up truck campers.  We wondered if anyone close to Corvallis Or has one we could look at.  

We look forward to learning other tips from this forum as we venture into a whole new way of camping.

Thanks

#2 Wango

Wango

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOregon,Montana

Posted 19 August 2021 - 12:14 AM

Trying to contact a friend on here who has that setup, he is in portland, and my wife is in albany, maybe we can set something up.

... just average for a hill-billy...
2016 F350 cc, ATC Custom Flatbed

2022 AEV/Jeep JTRD

#3 roc

roc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 01:00 AM

That would be great, thanks!

#4 nr541

nr541

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:34 PM

Hey!

I am the friend Wango speaks of. We have a new Bobcat on our 06 tacoma. We live in Portland so if you wanted to come up here to see it you could, or we are heading down south next weekend and I imagine we are stopping by in Albany on our way next Friday. You could probably meet us and take a peek. I could also send you pictures if that works easier.

Let me know. Congratulations on your new set up, we got ours in May and love it!

#5 roc

roc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 04:55 AM

Thanks so much.  Would love to meet up in Albany to see it if that still works, is that the 27th?

What time and where?

#6 roc

roc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 04:56 AM

Sorry I was so late in getting back to you, we were out of town.  I'll check tomorrow am to see if there's any chance we can still connect in Albany tomorrow, Friday.  Thanks

#7 roc

roc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 01:48 AM

Hi again, maybe we can come up to Portland some time to see your camper.  

#8 nr541

nr541

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 07 September 2021 - 05:13 PM

Hey! So sorry, it's been a busy couple of weeks and I forgot to log on and check the thread. We ended up not going to Albany that day anyways so it would not have worked out. But yes, if you want to come see the camper in Portland we can connect. I'll do better to check the site, we can also exchange info if you would like.

Again, very sorry for the delayed response.

Nick

#9 roc

roc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 04:49 PM

Hi Nick, now I haven't gone on the site forever.  Thanks for your response.

We don't get up to Portland too often but we could maybe arrange to do that sometime in Nov, Oct's busy.

What part of Portland to you live in?

We are trying to figure out a few things.  Any advice re: a backup camera?  We'd like one that ties into our existing system.  Also, did you do air bags or leaf springs for the weight. Ours is a 2018 sport access tacoma.

We are upgrading to the BF Goodrich tires.

My phone number is 541-752-5938.

#10 TacomaAustin

TacomaAustin

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 07 October 2021 - 04:27 PM

We are trying to figure out a few things.  Any advice re: a backup camera?  We'd like one that ties into our existing system.  Also, did you do air bags or leaf springs for the weight. Ours is a 2018 sport access tacoma.

I am not Nick, but for a Bobcat semi-shell without any plumbing options, I added the following to a 2015 Access Cab rear suspension:

• Single add-a-leaf  to each spring pack
  • Fireston Ride Rite air bags
  • Bilstein 5100 shocks

Time was short and I only had a week to install the above - but I also installed an overpriced, plug and play, licence plate backup camera from:

• camerasource.com

The camera was a 5 to 7 minute install.

Best Regards, Andrew in Austin, Texas

Edited by TacomaAustin, 07 October 2021 - 04:27 PM.

Andrew in Austin, TX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users