Photo
- - - - -

Anyone in Corvallis OR area have a Bobcat camper.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 08 October 2021 - 05:54 PM

I have a Tundra and ATC Panther.  And I have used the camera source license plate camera since 2017.  If they have one for your year Tacoma, it is plug and play. It requires no modification to the factory wiring.

I am thinking about mounting it to the camper so that it is higher for a better angle but it works just fine as is...

Enjoy your new Bobcat!

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#12 nr541

nr541

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 October 2021 - 02:49 PM

Hi Nick, now I haven't gone on the site forever.  Thanks for your response.

We don't get up to Portland too often but we could maybe arrange to do that sometime in Nov, Oct's busy.

What part of Portland to you live in?

We are trying to figure out a few things.  Any advice re: a backup camera?  We'd like one that ties into our existing system.  Also, did you do air bags or leaf springs for the weight. Ours is a 2018 sport access tacoma.

We are upgrading to the BF Goodrich tires.

My phone number is 541-752-5938.

Hey,

No worries, I too am very bad about logging in and checking the site. Oct is pretty busy for us as well but we live in NE.

I don't have a back-up camera but it is definitely on the list.

We wanted to avoid air bags at all cost. We went with a company in Oregon City called Wanderlust Overland. I told them what we were getting with estimated weight. We got new shocks and leafs with a slight lift and so far it has handled great (ours is a sr5 2006 Tacoma). We have all weather class E tires.

We have friends in Albany so if we go down there I will try and remember to give you a call.

Hope you're excited for your bobcat! We certainly love ours.

Nick

#13 roc

roc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 05:51 PM

Thanks Andrew!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users