• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 31 August 2021 - 12:57 AM

great trip report, and good to hear of the knee recovery.  and good luck for julie with her next recovery effort. sheesh.  was she a skier in earlier years ??:) :)

and i have your back with the encounter with the bonfire babe, err large human. though i am a thousand miles to your north.  a public explaining of the facts is hard for the stubborn to get around. i am typecasting, but i suspect they were anti vaxers.....  i kinda was hoping they would start a fire , just to get the fine.  i would think all northern californians have no patience for the folks not following the fire restrictions.

keep up the trip reports. they are an inspiration

and i hope your house/property made it thru the fire.

Oregon

#22 Elken

Elken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSW Idaho

Posted 31 August 2021 - 03:06 AM

Great trip report, thanks!  At least after meeting a couple Huts you got to  meet a couple great Cowgirls to balance your trip out.  Hope the best for Julie's knee and your house and that you can get home for peaches soon.

#23 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 31 August 2021 - 02:48 PM

Great report…as always! Good luck with the next round of surgery, more than just inconvenient being out of the comfort of your home but good to have close friends. Reporting idiots can be dicey considering the potential for violent interaction far from help. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#24 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:04 PM

Ski, I follow and enjoy every report of your (and the Mrs) adventure travels. Many/most of them are within my “Area of Operations”. I also wish to forward my “get healed quick” wishes to your Bionic Hiker. She has got to be hard to keep up with. I hope you can return home soon and eat some peaches. We just got evacuated a few hrs ago from the east base of Mt. Tallac in Tahoe (Spring Creek).
Fingers crossed!
Take care, Geologyjohn.

Geologyjohn, thank you for the very nice comment! We hope all goes well with you, stay safe. We know Spring Creek well below Tallac.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#25 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:26 PM

great trip report, and good to hear of the knee recovery.  and good luck for julie with her next recovery effort. sheesh.  was she a skier in earlier years ?? :) :)

and i have your back with the encounter with the bonfire babe, err large human. though i am a thousand miles to your north.  a public explaining of the facts is hard for the stubborn to get around. i am typecasting, but i suspect they were anti vaxers.....  i kinda was hoping they would start a fire , just to get the fine.  i would think all northern californians have no patience for the folks not following the fire restrictions.

keep up the trip reports. they are an inspiration

and i hope your house/property made it thru the fire.

goinoregon, thanks for the kind comment. We are happy you enjoy our adventure stories.

Things are looking good for our home, we hope it continues that way.

The Lady's original set of knees were well used and well loved. She played sports throughout high school. She made the women's varsity basketball team at Oregon State as a freshman. She loved long runs until she just couldn't anymore. She helped pay for college by teaching aerobics and waiting tables. She had 37 years wonderful years as a middle school PE teacher and always coached several sports. She taught summer volleyball camps for girls. She has an active life, hiking, back country skiing, backpacking, mountaineering. She wore out her knees the good old fashion way. On with the new pair! :)

If you go back through our blog, it is pretty darn amazing what she was able to still do with those old knees. She's tough and determined. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#26 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:28 PM

Great trip report, thanks!  At least after meeting a couple Huts you got to  meet a couple great Cowgirls to balance your trip out.  Hope the best for Julie's knee and your house and that you can get home for peaches soon.

Thank you so much for your well wishes! We'll save a peach for you. :) Yup, we're just remembering the cowgirls, already forgot about the others.

#27 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:30 PM

Great report…as always! Good luck with the next round of surgery, more than just inconvenient being out of the comfort of your home but good to have close friends. Reporting idiots can be dicey considering the potential for violent interaction far from help. 

MDR, thanks for the nice comment, we appreciate it! :)

#28 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 01 September 2021 - 12:07 AM

hey ski. when was julie at OSU ?  i was there from 77-79.

i was no athlete, but did figure out steelhead fishing

Oregon

#29 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 12:28 AM

hey ski. when was julie at OSU ?  i was there from 77-79.

i was no athlete, but did figure out steelhead fishing

74-75, when Ted Bundy was around there. Steelhead fishing is a fine pursuit.

#30 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:07 PM

Another great report. Always enjoy riding along for your adventures. JD

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users