Hallmark K2

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 05:11 PM

We've loved our Raven, but it has some significant shortcomings for us. As we inch closer to retirement, we've realized we need a bigger rig for longer trips. The must haves are pop-up, side dinette with cassette toilet, and use of either the Truma Combi or Vario heat systems. Since were doing a slide-in on a flatbed in order to use space usually occupied by the bed for storage, and keep the COG lower, a edge to edge flatbed model wasn't an option. That ruled out FWC and ATC. We settled on a Hallmark K2.

I haven't finalized the build yet, but we're staying with glass windows, probably adding a skylight. If not, we'll have two power fans to be able to do push/pull. We want utilitarian and modern looking. We're leaving out any TV mounts, radio, etc. 

From the collective experience of the Hallmark owners on the board, is there any don't miss feature(s) that we need to consider? Anything you missed out on that you regretted after?

Thanks!

#2 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2021 - 09:45 PM

I've been in a couple Hallmarks. Well built, just a bit pricey and they don't customize so I went a different route but I know you'll like it :)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#3 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 09:59 PM

I've been in a couple Hallmarks. Well built, just a bit pricey and they don't customize so I went a different route but I know you'll like it :)

I couldn't find a a Bundutec that met our layout desires. As you know though, their webpage isn't great. Plus, as a factory direct option like Hallmark, they're even further from Oregon in the event we need service that can't be handled here. They seem nice though! 

#4 michelle_east_county

michelle_east_county

Advanced Member

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 06:03 AM

We'll pick up our Ute 10/01. Basic is fine, but you might want to ensure you or the next owner has the option of adding on certain options later. We ordered AC but if we didn't, I'd at least order it pre-wired if that's not already standard (I don't recall). That and other wiring is easy, including more 12-volt receptacles, 120-volt AC outlets, and basic USB outlets. Each are even ordered for overhead bunk as charging or powering various devices from bed can be handy. I doubt we use the AC outlets but in online forums kept finding people needing CPAPs powered via an inverter system. We also pre-wired for TV and would have ordered pre-wired for stereo if we hadn't ordered stereo, anyway. Yes, media is changing but options cost little. These things won't necessarily make or break resale in future but can't hurt.

Re propane, we went with vertical bottles instead of horizontal for more refill options but at expense of some lost space. We'll see.

#5 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 September 2021 - 12:32 PM

Yes being near for help would be better. I'm on the east coast so wasn't much of anything close. It did affect my choices though.... I did not want to have to drive the entire width of the country to get my camper....

Bundutec will build anything you want but I agree their website is wanting...... Really nice folks though :)

Good luck with your new camper!

#6 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 03:09 PM

Yes being near for help would be better. I'm on the east coast so wasn't much of anything close. It did affect my choices though.... I did not want to have to drive the entire width of the country to get my camper....

Bundutec will build anything you want but I agree their website is wanting...... Really nice folks though :)

Good luck with your new camper!

Thanks! 

#7 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 September 2021 - 12:37 AM

Jackie...they don't customize??
That was one of the main reason I went with them is to be able to customize my TC exactly the way I wanted..

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#8 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 03:07 AM

That was one of the main reason I went with them is to be able to customize my TC exactly the way I wanted..

They don't customize in the sense that you can't for example stick a cassette and a shower in a 6ft. model, or change from a side dinette to a front dinette, but there's LOTS of customization possibilities with Hallmark. I had a 9 page build sheet that required multiple inputs on every page. 

#9 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 September 2021 - 02:03 PM

Eddie, I know they can add and take away things but I had major stuff changed and my understanding was they didn't change major stuff... I may have been wrong but having Bundutec at Overland to talk too was definitely a game changer. They said tell me what you want and we will build it :)

Hallmark is very nice though if you have the extra bucks for it :)

#10 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 02:30 PM

Eddie, I know they can add and take away things but I had major stuff changed and my understanding was they didn't change major stuff... I may have been wrong but having Bundutec at Overland to talk too was definitely a game changer. They said tell me what you want and we will build it :)

Hallmark is very nice though if you have the extra bucks for it :)

I think they fall somewhat between your experience at Bundutec and what FWC does. Hallmark does stick to a template, but you can change lots of stuff within that template. FWC has fewer options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users