22 replies to this topic

#11 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 12 September 2021 - 12:27 AM

Frank, I am impressed with your memory. I can't remember what I had for dinner tonight, and I'm still eating it.  :D  :D

By coincidence, Monte and I both happen to enjoy beef on rare occasions, but not our wives. On the night of Julie's surgery Monte took over the cooking with his special rub on a nice grass fed tri tip. On that night I did crack open a Napa Cabernet instead of the TJ's daily drinker.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#12 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 12 September 2021 - 12:43 AM

Another adventure completed (with a TR even ) and home again  If ya got a camp out at a friends because of a fire it's sure nice to have "trailer lady" and "the Ted's " Bed & Breakfast" ready to help!  Pliny's rules the world. Glad you guys are home safe and sound. 

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#13 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,334 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 12 September 2021 - 02:20 AM

Frank, I am impressed with your memory. I can't remember what I had for dinner tonight, and I'm still eating it. :D :D
By coincidence, Monte and I both happen to enjoy beef on rare occasions, but not our wives. On the night of Julie's surgery Monte took over the cooking with his special rub on a nice grass fed tri tip. On that night I did crack open a Napa Cabernet instead of the TJ's daily drinker.

And there were lots of wonderful tri tip leftovers. I remember two mornings in particular where Ted made him and me "steak and eggs" for breakfast with slabs of tri tip. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#14 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,959 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 12 September 2021 - 03:12 AM

Wonderful to have such awesome friends!  Boy, I really laughed when I saw this line, and I quote "By coincidence, Monte and I both happen to enjoy beef on rare occasions, but not our wives."

You might want to see a therapist or two???  :D 

#15 Stokeme

Stokeme

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 12 September 2021 - 03:52 PM

Glad to see your home remained. It must have been a welcome sight. The “silver lining” (that’s probably a reach) was an opportunity to wine & dine with friends. May the devastation not darken your door.

Edited by Stokeme, 12 September 2021 - 03:54 PM.

#16 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 12 September 2021 - 04:47 PM

I don’t believe, for even a second, that either of you very fortunate gentlemen don’t enjoy your wives on most occasions. I’d say special treats, flowers, and boondocking are due to your ladies.  :D

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#17 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:51 PM

Ski that was such a heartwarming story of generosity on many levels. True friends are hard to come by in this life and it looks like you and Julie have been blessed.

I’m very happy to hear that your home and Julie’s surgery went well. 

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#18 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 13 September 2021 - 03:31 PM

So good to have family and friends in times of need. Glad to hear you’re back home and J is rehabbing well.

Ted, we also enjoy hens on the grill. Looks like you might have been brining them…perhaps your recipe could be found in the recipe section!?

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#19 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,334 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:13 PM

A profound thank you to all of you for your kindness, good thoughts, and nice comments. It is humbling to count so many wonderful people as friends. We received so many offers "to come stay with us" from all over the West. We are so lucky and blessed.

Our house is saved but our "home" is tragically changed for our lifetimes. Our backyard is gone, burnt up. What the King Fire didn't take in 2014, the Caldor Fire finished the job. Places that we have over 45 years of memories entwined with are destroyed, from the Rocky Canyon route up to ski the summit of Pyramid Peak to quiet trout streams - Alder Creek, Tragedy Creek, Silver Fork of the American, Sayles Creek, Caples Creek - and places for quiet long backcountry skis or rambling summer hikes - Cody Meadows, Upper Forni. It is all gone and we mourn. 

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#20 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,292 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:35 PM

It is very sad to loose all those "friends".

Stay safe.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users