3 replies to this topic

#1 primussucks

primussucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 01:40 PM

Hi WTW.

I'm new here, and new to the wonderful world of Alaskan campers.

My wife and I picked up a used 2013 8'CO earlier this year.  I've already spent over 30 nights in it and love it!

We are looking at doing some aesthetic upgrades to the camper and one thing we are considering is updating the exterior.

We are considering paint or vinyl wrapping.

Does anyone have experience with either of these?  The pros/cons of either?  Methods for painting, etc.?

Thanks

#2 Wango

Wango

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOregon,Montana

Posted 05 October 2021 - 04:22 PM

My camper (ATC) has been wrapped since it was new. Just wasn't a fan of a big white box on a dark grey truck.

Have had to fix the section over the cab to impacts from rocks bugs and branches. The drivers side was replaced this year as it had some wear issues. 

All in all i am satisfied with how it looks and performs. There is an obvious cost for it's maintenance but i can live with it.

... just average for a hill-billy...
2016 F350 cc, ATC Custom Flatbed

2022 AEV/Jeep JTRD

#3 primussucks

primussucks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 07:22 PM

My camper (ATC) has been wrapped since it was new. Just wasn't a fan of a big white box on a dark grey truck.

Have had to fix the section over the cab to impacts from rocks bugs and branches. The drivers side was replaced this year as it had some wear issues. 

All in all i am satisfied with how it looks and performs. There is an obvious cost for it's maintenance but i can live with it.

Thanks Wango.
We are thinking the same thing..
Red truck, aluminum flat bed, black side boxes and a white camper... It's really messing with our eyes.

I think I'll cruise down to the local vinyl wrap place and see what they have to say.

#4 Keith in Co

Keith in Co

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationCanon City, CO

Posted 14 October 2021 - 03:30 AM

I like white because it reflects heat (solar radiation), and keeping the interior cool is a priority for me. Haven’t installed A/C.

I repainted my Alaskan using Kirker automotive paint. I’m no pro at body work, and I’ve found this paint to be very forgiving in application. It has held up well and touch-up is easy.    https://www.kirkerautomotive.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users