Photo
- - - - -

Anyone replaced front dinette table with Lagun hardware?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SigSanDiego

SigSanDiego

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:17 AM

Anyone upgrade (is it?) front dinette with Lagun system?

I just feel the FWC OEM articulation can be improved on with aftermarket Lagun.

Thanks

#2 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:21 AM

We have not had a problem with ours. Kind of a waste of money if you ask me. My 2¢.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#3 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,962 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:34 AM

Not a replacement, as I rebuilt my camper(s) from frame up, but I and others have used the Lagun system and like it a lot.

#4 F33rnofish

F33rnofish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:57 AM

I’m rebuilding my ‘79 Fleet and removed the original table.

It’s just not flexible enough and the mount is so obtrusive. The Lagun is my choice.

#5 Charlie

Charlie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSugarloaf, Colorado

Posted 06 October 2021 - 04:12 PM

Anyone upgrade (is it?) front dinette with Lagun system?

I just feel the FWC OEM articulation can be improved on with aftermarket Lagun.

Thanks

I’ve also thought that the FWC front dinette table mount is weird. The top is mounted so that you have to have the short axis of the top oriented E/W across the camper. This really cramps the space when two people are using the table, and we have to sit on the edge of the seat to reach the table. When in use, there is also a 10” gap between the table and the front of the camper, and the top juts out past the rear cabinets, making it more of a production to slide in and out of the seats.

I think the FWC design could be improved if the horizontal arm were shorter, and attached to the center of the table. Would have to experiment to be sure. But since it’s a nicely fabricated all-welded aluminum arm, I’m not going to start cutting it up.

Otherwise, I think it is very nice piece of hardware, and we have learned to live with it. However, it was essential to add a stop collar at the lower end of the arm so that we can just pop the arm into the mount, and never hassle with the height lock screw. Before that, using the table was painful because you had to always be reaching down to lock/unlock the height screw, the table was always slipping down, etc. 

FWC should just provide these collars by default. Or at least sell them. They are only ~$10.

#6 Jack

Jack

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 09 October 2021 - 05:14 PM

However, it was essential to add a stop collar at the lower end of the arm so that we can just pop the arm into the mount, and never hassle with the height lock screw. Before that, using the table was painful because you had to always be reaching down to lock/unlock the height screw, the table was always slipping down, etc. 

FWC should just provide these collars by default. Or at least sell them. They are only ~$10.

Adding a stop collar made the table far, far more convenient and usable. I used a 2" piece of 2" right-angle aluminum bar that I had. I also added a removable 6" extension to the table, so it is now quite comfortable to eat at. When driving, I swing the table over the passenger side seat with a simple rope tie down to keep it there. That allows a decent view from the rear view mirror. We sleep E-W. We pull the bed out 9", add a 9" mattress piece and swing the table over the driver side seat, making the passenger seat a nice step up into bed.

2015 Fleet on 2019 Ranger

#7 okiedavid

okiedavid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 01:44 AM

I haven't but just used mine FD this weekend and was thinking about it. I've used mine about 60 nights or so in the 3 years I've owned it and haven't really been happy with the table mount. Keep us posted with an update if you go through with it.

#8 camper rich

camper rich

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:25 PM

I went to ACE Hardware and purchased a nylon washer and a SS steel washer that fit the tube (I think it was 1-1/2") and a SS hose clamp and installed them on the tube to keep it from sliding down and still allowing it to rotate.  I had originally destroyed the mounting bracket by overtightening it and damaging the tube.  FWC replace it since it was still on warranty at the time.  The table still isn't straight but thats a different problem.

#9 Charlie

Charlie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSugarloaf, Colorado

Posted 12 October 2021 - 05:30 PM

This worked well for me, and looks nice:

https://www.homedepo...C-150/203024980

#10 FAW3

FAW3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 12 October 2021 - 09:52 PM

The Hawk table for us works well...with the exception of it "sliding down" when you swivel it with the locking knob loosened.  Like others have posted a "shaft stop collar" can be used to fix this issue.    

On our 2018 Hawn front dinette the shaft diameter is 1 1/2" OD for the main support leg and also the smaller table mount leg.  I used a scrap of 1 1/2" diameter PVC Sch. 40 pipe to make two "collars":

For the small leg mount just under the table a 1 1/4" length of PVC pipe fits perfectly to keep the table "up" - the short length of the table fitting allows just a simple ring like this to work just fine.  Just put it in place and your done.

For the main table leg mount I fitted a similar sized collar on top of the main fitting with the table set at my desired height.  I then drilled a 3/16" hole through both the PVC collar and one side of the OEM pipe.  I used a pop rivet to secure the ring to the pipe.  A self tapping screw could also be used.  This modification allows the table to rotate, but not slide down.  The table is still easily removed by lifting it up for converting the dinette to a berth.

The PVC pipe is easily cut with hacksaw, sanded, then painted black.

KKhNGvmm.jpg

Edited by FAW3, 12 October 2021 - 09:52 PM.

Frank W.

Ram3500 & FWC Hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users