Photo
- - - - -

Anyone replaced front dinette table with Lagun hardware?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 philos65

philos65

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLaramie Wyoming

Posted 16 October 2021 - 02:57 AM

I found this somewhere here, or on the web.  It's another option for a table mount.  Mine will mount vertically on the front wall to make a table for the dinette so you're not constantly kicking the table base.   Excuse the album name - this is the only picture in it. 

4438912367 f827a1d69b O
Album: Linear Actuator Placement
1 images
0 comments

Edited by philos65, 16 October 2021 - 03:01 AM.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4 with 80s FWC Keystone

#12 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 16 October 2021 - 11:45 AM

We have never had a problem with ours. It stores so that it is in the front corner, driver's side. I place a 12" piece of swim noddle on the edge along the window. It swings out and around so 4 people can sit comfortably. I agree that a bracket to hold the table at the desired height might be a good idea. We have never had an issue with that either. As far as we are concerned the table mount works just fine. My question is, why would you want to spend big bucks for a Laguna Table.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#13 SigSanDiego

SigSanDiego

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 01:10 PM

We have never had a problem with ours. It stores so that it is in the front corner, driver's side. I place a 12" piece of swim noddle on the edge along the window. It swings out and around so 4 people can sit comfortably. I agree that a bracket to hold the table at the desired height might be a good idea. We have never had an issue with that either. As far as we are concerned the table mount works just fine. My question is, why would you want to spend big bucks for a Laguna Table.

FWC table does not, in my opinion articulate as best it can. I have to fiddle with it too much to my satisfaction. I’ve played with Lagun Tables at Van Expo etc. and it moves in a superior manner than the FWC table.

$199 is “big bucks”?

I’m open to better where possible.

#14 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 06 November 2021 - 09:12 PM

I wouldn't say $199 is big bucks, but for me it would be an unneeded waste of money. I thought the Laguna Table was $350-$400. However, with that said, it is your decision and your money. If you don't like the current table, then by all means do what makes you happy[emoji106]

Edited by longhorn1, 06 November 2021 - 09:26 PM.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#15 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 07 November 2021 - 07:13 PM

I'm late to noticing this posting as I had no interest in a Lagun Table.

But,

I have modified the existing table mount in our 2015 FWC Flatbed Hawk. I took these pictures back in July 2019 to share but did not follow through. 

I wrestled with the table slipping down and trying to find just the right friction for the two knobs to make it work.  Really a no go!  If you have the table too high you have a risk that the table will break the window glass if it is allowed to swing while driving ruff roads.

I had some left over 1 1/2" electrical conduit I noticed and it would slide over the table tube.  Perfect!  For the the two tubes I cut to length for where I wanted the table height to be for our needs.  The long bottom tube length just needed to be long enough where the friction that the table tube bend starts would prevent the table from dropping lower. Kind of what FAW3 did but longer length and no drilling.

The upper section of table tube just needed a spacer with a notch out for the welds so the table stays at the height and the PVC adds lubrication for pivot.

Now that those two sections were added I adjusted the clamping knobs at just the right friction that allows the table to swing all around but stays in place.

We are happy with this modification and are able to use the table without swearing.

Cheers,

20211107_104557_resized.jpg

20190702_191610_resized.jpg

20190702_191412_resized.jpg

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#16 Herbie

Herbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 11 January 2024 - 01:04 AM

Very late to this party, but I wanted to thank everyone who contributed ideas for a table "stop collar" for the FWC gooseneck table arms.

Like so many, we'd struggled with finding that "sweet spot" where the adjuster knobs were loose enough to allow you to pivot the arm/tabletop around for getting into the dinette seating without having the table eventually slide down to an uncomfortable height.  (Especially important for sitting on the street-side in our Flatbed dinette since we have the galley cabinetry next to the seat!) 

We're headed out for the holiday weekend and I had a meeting get cancelled this afternoon so I spent a few minutes in the shed whipping up a couple of collars from some 1/2" HDPE I had lying around.  I made mine adjustable by making split collars and using 1/4-20 eye bolts as the knobs.  We'll play around with dialing in the ideal height this weekend.

Time investment: 30 minutes.

Materials investment: $0 (all scrap from my shop)

Attached Thumbnails

• stop-collar1.jpg
  • stop-collar2.jpg

#17 dscobell

dscobell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 05:49 PM

I changed to the Lagun Hardware and could not be happier. It has more precise movement and saves space. It also makes converting the table to a bed much easier.

camper: 2016 Grandby

truck: 2017 Ford F350 CCLB gasser

Callsign: KM6GWU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users