• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Karlton

Karlton

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouthern Idaho

Posted 08 October 2021 - 04:28 PM

Hi all - I'll be storing my Hawk off the truck outdoors for the first time this winter.  When I stored it in my garage, I would keep an eye on the battery voltage and regularly plug it in to avoid the batteries discharging too far.  

Given I have a solar panel on the roof, I'm thinking the panel will tend the batteries and I'll have no issues over the winter.  Should I store the camper with the power off (silver button in) or on (silver button out).  I'm thinking the solar panel should tend the batteries if the power is off, but might be incorrect.  I'll do some experiments next week, but wanted to get your opinions.

Cheers

2019 Silverado 2500HD, 2017 Hawk

#2 heinphoto

heinphoto

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)

Posted 08 October 2021 - 04:48 PM

Leave the silver "kill" switch pushed in.  The solar will still charge and that way the propane detector, etc. won't draw down the battery (but if you want to charge from shore power it needs to be pulled out).  The solar should be able maintain the battery just fine.  However, it is always worth checking occasionally to make sure that everything is still functioning correctly.

-Scott

Edited by heinphoto, 08 October 2021 - 07:20 PM.

FWC Slide-in Grandby and OEV Aluma Tray on a Ford F350 Supercab with the 6.2L Gas Engine.

http://www.heinphoto.com/

IG: heinphoto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users