Here are some slides from our trip on the Ruta Maya

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:50 AM

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=t7rfotd.a7y1zr6t&Uy=-ex01n&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Just click on the photo, you do not have to sign in to see Kit's slide show....Brian

#2 Uncle Grumpy

Uncle Grumpy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:30 PM

Hijole! Buen Vacacion! Great Shots.
I've been all over the Pacific coast but never to the Gulf side; it's in the plans but I have a hard time dragging myself from Baja's fishing :D

#3 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:43 AM

Grumps.....I hear ya. Baja has a special something and although I don't fish much any more, I sure can spend a lot of time either in a hammock or chair on the beach, staring out at the Bahia de Concepcion! I remember fondly every day spent on the Baja.
Brian

#4 Mushhuskies

Mushhuskies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

Wow! Great trip, great pix. How long were you on the road for this one? My hat is off to you for driving some of those roads, especially in Guatemala. I went to Tikal a couple of times years ago and it was a multi day adventure in a combi/bus from Belize City. I fondly remember pushing buses out of the mud several times! The ruins were spectacular! Good show! MH
Mushhuskies 2005 Toyota Tundra with a 2003 Granby Shell

#5 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

Brian nice trip and pictures, thanks for sharing

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#6 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

Great pictures and adventure!

I had a strange feeling looking at these pictures as hurricane Dean was slamming through that area.

I only did a one-day trip to Tikal (in Guatemala) and I hope the entire area with all that history is not damaged. I find Mayan history very interesting.

Mike

'08 ATC Cougar (built 06/16/08)
# of nights in camper: '08=15, '12=21,'13=16, '14=10, '15=52, '16=11, '17=20 (equals 145)

#7 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Geeze Brian where haven't you been? Great pix.

Speaking of hurricane Dean Pam and I have a small inteterst in a biz in Cozumel that has been blown out twice and here we go again. Its a bar next to a dive shop near the cruise ship dock and additional retail space on the other side of the highway. We also have lots of close friends there and in Merida so we're monitoring the situation with hopes that there will be no loss of life and little loss of anything else.

Brian as you might guess because our litle property there your pix are welcome. Tulum, Chchanitza and others are such wonderful places and we love visiting them.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#8 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:20 AM

Hi all,
Thanks for your nice comments.

MH: we were gone for three months on that trip. Not nearly long enough but is it ever? We wanted very badly to continue on south but had to get home. I hope we can do more....we would pretty much blast south to Belize and spend more time there and go south from there, taking our time. We here from other friends who did just that and are now somewhere in Nicaragua I believe as well as a couple who are in Costa Rica on their journey.....ooooh it kills me!!! Actually in the last few years...barring anything like hurricane Dean and stuff, the roads are in fairly good condition in Guatamala. the worst part of the road to Tikal is the portion you are talking about and it is not that bad these days. There is a great campground near San Ignacio just before going into Guat run by a retired Belizean that spent his working life in the US and is very nice.

Jay, I wish for you the best with your business weathering this latest hurricane. We have a cousin who started a wine importation business in Belize with a shop on Ambergris Caye and also just got their house finished and moved into a month ago near Corizal Town, right on the water.....we are keeping them in our prayers. I know they have evacuated Ambergris as of yesterday however I am traveling and out of touch right now so don't know the latest.

Brian

#9 Mark W. Ingalls

Mark W. Ingalls

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:21 AM

Dear Brian--

(or anyone else, for that matter)

Edna, my Mexican gal, is terrified of going deep into Mexico. She's afraid los banditos will kill us for our watches!

Clearly, they haven't kilt yous yet. :rolleyes:

Any words of encouragement you might offer would be much appreciated; I'd love to drive with Edna down Mexico way!

Mark (& Edna?)

#10 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:27 AM

Geeze Brian where haven't you been? Great pix.

Speaking of hurricane Dean Pam and I have a small inteterst in a biz in Cozumel that has been blown out twice and here we go again. Its a bar next to a dive shop near the cruise ship dock and additional retail space on the other side of the highway. We also have lots of close friends there and in Merida so we're monitoring the situation with hopes that there will be no loss of life and little loss of anything else.

Brian as you might guess because our litle property there your pix are welcome. Tulum, Chchanitza and others are such wonderful places and we love visiting them.

Just for your general info, we are operating a few water sports centers in Playa del Carmen and Cancun. My operations manager down there reports only little damage from the wind and rain. The waves were amazing and did their thing to the beaches. But in general no real damage from the hurricane, except for the gone tourists. That's what hurts more than the storm. Many businesses are still struggling from last year, and now their high season was cut short again.
03 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, D Cab, Air-Lift, Schroth Safety Harness, Recaro Seat (finally) on board laptop w GPS, ARB Front Bumper, Manual Hubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users