#1 Holmes

Holmes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMazama, WA

Posted 23 October 2021 - 03:19 AM

Finally getting around to installing the renogy lithium 100ah into my FWC. It'll be paired with the stock overland solar display and charge controller. I've also got the victron blue tooth dongle so I can make quick adjustments on my phone. I need to know all adjustments that need to be made for the renogy lithium battery. I've found some of the charging parameters like charging voltage: 14.4v +- .2v and charge cut off at 14.6V but I'm not seeing much with float parameters and anything else I would need to adjust or add. I think I should set float at 13.5 but not sure. I don't think it matters much either with a lithium. I'll attache the parameters listed in the online manual but there's not too much. Any and all help is appreciated.

Edited by Holmes, 23 October 2021 - 03:23 AM.

2018 Tacoma DC M/T Off Road
2020 Silver Spur Swift
USFS North Cascade Smokejumper

#2 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,379 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 23 October 2021 - 12:27 PM

I went through this about a year ago when I built and installed a 120ah LifePO4 battery.  Depending on what BMS you have, there are a lot of parameters you can set, etc.  

I can't tell you exactly what I set mine to, but check out Will Prouse Solar site and he talks a lot about how to charge, etc.  

I don't have solar so charge from my truck so it may be different for you.  The BMS will control how much charge, etc. 

Good luck... sorry I don't have a specific answer for you... 

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#3 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 23 October 2021 - 02:25 PM

I went through this about a year ago when I built and installed a 120ah LifePO4 battery.  Depending on what BMS you have, there are a lot of parameters you can set, etc.  

I can't tell you exactly what I set mine to, but check out Will Prouse Solar site and he talks a lot about how to charge, etc.  

I don't have solar so charge from my truck so it may be different for you.  The BMS will control how much charge, etc. 

Good luck... sorry I don't have a specific answer for you... 

Does a BMS control how much charge or just cut it off at high and possibly low voltages/temps?

#4 Holmes

Holmes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMazama, WA

Posted 23 October 2021 - 07:42 PM

Still looking for float voltage and absorption voltage. I currently have my controller set at 14.4 for absorption and 13.5 for float. Can any one verify that before we get off topic. Thanks
2020 Silver Spur Swift

#5 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 23 October 2021 - 07:55 PM

Still looking for float voltage and absorption voltage. I currently have my controller set at 14.4 for absorption and 13.5 for float. Can any one verify that before we get off topic. Thanks

Not certain for your battery...but from what I have seen those voltages will work with Li batteries...I know they would with my Battleborn... Absorption @14.2-14.6V, I use 14.4V....Float @ 13.6V on mine...on all three chargers in my system.

Edited by Wallowa, 23 October 2021 - 08:08 PM.

#6 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:47 PM

I agree with Wallowa... I use 14.4 and 13.4 in my system.

#7 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 24 October 2021 - 04:22 AM

I found some info on page 10 of the battery manual on Renogy’s site. Not sure this is the right product model.

https://www.renogy.c...100S-Manual.pdf

Hope it’s useful.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#8 Holmes

Holmes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMazama, WA

Posted 24 October 2021 - 05:10 AM

Hey thanks all for the info and reply. I think with what I gathered I'm looking pretty good. Last but not least still not sure on tail current but that seems quite debatable and potentially inconsequential. I set the tail current to 2.0A. I've seen 1.0-5.0. Once again, thanks for the replies. Nick
2020 Silver Spur Swift

#9 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,379 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 24 October 2021 - 02:20 PM

Does a BMS control how much charge or just cut it off at high and possibly low voltages/temps?

The BMS will control everything and shutoff charging at what ever you set all the different parameters off at.  It's crazy  how many parameters there are but probably only a dozen that you might set/change.  

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#10 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 24 October 2021 - 03:58 PM

The BMS will control everything and shutoff charging at what ever you set all the different parameters off at.  It's crazy  how many parameters there are but probably only a dozen that you might set/change.  

My knowledge is limited to my Battelborn 100Ah and the BMS built into the battery can NOT be changed or program by me.  But hey, I could be wrong... B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users