#1 robcc

robcc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBayfield Colorado

Posted 01 November 2021 - 03:37 PM

We're heading to Baja and trying to figure out a good way to store 2 recovery boards on an ATC Bobcat. We have the old yakima round tubed roof racks on the yakima tracks. They could go up on the roof and if so, looking for a good way to secure them (something more secure than cam straps). Any other places to store these bulky things on a pop up is welcome. 

We can't afford the Max tracks so we're thinking of the X Bulls as a lower cost option. They are a little bulky for stacking. 

#2 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationTucson and Fairbanks

Posted 01 November 2021 - 05:55 PM

Several companies now make dedicated bolt-through mounts for traction boards that might adapt to your Yakimas. Check with Front Runner. However, I'm going to urge you to spend the extra and invest in MaxTrax. I've tested a lot of traction boards, and the budget ones just don't hold up. I've never broken a MaxTrax. 

#3 Oryguntroutbum

Oryguntroutbum

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCentral Oregon

Posted 03 November 2021 - 05:18 AM

We're heading to Baja and trying to figure out a good way to store 2 recovery boards on an ATC Bobcat. We have the old yakima round tubed roof racks on the yakima tracks. They could go up on the roof and if so, looking for a good way to secure them (something more secure than cam straps). Any other places to store these bulky things on a pop up is welcome.

We can't afford the Max tracks so we're thinking of the X Bulls as a lower cost option. They are a little bulky for stacking.

I bought X Bulls but haven’t used them yet. I can’t remember where I saw it but there was a video, probably on YouTube, where they were tested next to Max Tracks. Max Tracks won, but the X Bulls were impressive.
2014 Dodge 2500 4x4, Cummins TD2021 FWC Hawk<p>

#4 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 04 November 2021 - 01:16 PM

My go-to for something like this are now nearly unobtainium. Harley-Davidson used to ship their motorcycles on a pallet and they were secured to the pallet with a pair of 1" ratchet straps. The key feature of these straps is that they are intended to be used in a loop, they have no hooks. I used to be able to buy them for a dollar each from the local dealer.

Nowadays these are as close as I can get: https://www.macscust...=32324086759498 Be sure to select the ratchet option.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#5 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 06 November 2021 - 01:49 AM

But not for the dollar each that I paid for them back then.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#6 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 07 November 2021 - 03:07 PM

I am getting ready to install one of these.  And, it has a table that drops down that could be useful.

http://www.quickpitc...com/trax-tab-2/

#7 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 08 November 2021 - 02:40 PM

Interesting. Does their system store two or four boards?

I searched but was not able to locate pricing either.

Here is a link to BundutecUSA that sells them for $425.  They accept 2 or 4 boards -- you have to move some hinges to accommodate 4.  

https://bundutecusa....uct/trax-tab-2/

They also make one without the table that retails for $295. https://bundutecusa....t/trax-clamp-2/

Edited by kmacafee, 08 November 2021 - 02:56 PM.

#8 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 09 November 2021 - 03:30 PM

Wow, those are really slick looking options. Thank you so much for the information!

I installed it yesterday.  

Attached Thumbnails

• 20211108_135746.jpg

#9 Lighthawk

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationNevada City, CA

Posted 09 November 2021 - 03:47 PM

Looks great!

Perfect spot too.

2021 RAM 3500 Crew 4x4, 6.4 hemi/8 speed trans with 4.10 gears, Timber Grove bags, Falken Wildpeak 35" tires.

OEV Aluma 6.75 flatbed, Bundutec Odyssey camper on order for 2024

For this year we're still using our 2008 FWC Hawk with victron DC-DC charger, 130w solar, MPPT controler

with 2000w inverter and external 120v output and 12v solar input with 100w portable solar.   http://lighthawkphoto.com

#10 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 16 November 2021 - 02:55 PM

Here it is with boards installed.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20211115_125243.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users