25 replies to this topic

#1 4XHOTEL

4XHOTEL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationColoma, California

Posted 09 November 2021 - 03:16 AM

Title says it all... hoping the wait will only be 14-16 months.

F250, Tremor Package, 7.3L gas, 4.30 gears, Dana 60 front (LS) and Dana M275 rear (with locker), Atlas Blue, dual alternators (397 total amps), dual batteries, upfitter switches, console vault, and Black Appearance package.  

I had some dealers saying they would be happy to place the order for $10,000 over MSRP... a sucker is born every day I suppose.  I called 10 different dealers until the 11th one accepted my offer of X-plan pricing, which for this truck will be invoice, saving me about $4,000 off MSRP.

The payload on this is huge... should be around 3,200 with the options I have selected... its basically a de-rated F350.   For the Tremor, you get the same rear axel and spring package, regardless of F250 or F350.  The only difference is the badging, and the door sticker, which should result is a small savings on registration and insurance.

We will be transferring our 2020 Hawk from the 2005 Dodge 1500 to the new F250.

March will be fun when it arrives!

John

#2 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 09 November 2021 - 03:30 AM

Sounds like a beast John, been down to the club lately?

#3 4XHOTEL

4XHOTEL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:18 AM

Sounds like a beast John, been down to the club lately?

Nope... that drought and low water kept us from doing much fishing this summer... that sucked.  How about you?

#4 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 09 November 2021 - 05:30 PM

Spent some time down there camping, fishing was poor. But still was a good get a way due to covid. We floated several times... hooked a few fish, really no one on the water. We purchased a couple of inflatable pontoon boats, which made it alot of fun floating from the Hwy 20 bridge down to the club. Did not see very many members at the club, had the place all to my self most of the time !!

#5 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 06:57 PM

I wonder what's holding it until March? I ordered a very similar vehicle. I wanted a Super Cab and planned on replacing all the suspension anyway, so I did not do the Tremor Package. I ordered an XLT Premium configured with the same motor, diff, axels, winch, dual batteries and upfitter switches. The order was placed 9/15 and it's in production right now. 

#6 fuzzymarindave

fuzzymarindave

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMarin County, CA

Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:17 PM

I wonder what's holding it until March? I ordered a very similar vehicle. I wanted a Super Cab and planned on replacing all the suspension anyway, so I did not do the Tremor Package. I ordered an XLT Premium configured with the same motor, diff, axels, winch, dual batteries and upfitter switches. The order was placed 9/15 and it's in production right now. 

I like the idea of a Supercab with most of the Tremor features.  The OP's Tremor has a factory type of crawl or terrain control?  Maybe the chip shortage is making production more slow for Tremors?

2015 Hawk, Silver Spur Interior, Fiberglass siding.  2008 F250 4x4 Supercab

#7 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:58 PM

I like the idea of a Supercab with most of the Tremor features.  The OP's Tremor has a factory type of crawl or terrain control?  Maybe the chip shortage is making production more slow for Tremors?

I ordered mine with the same feature. Hill Descent Control comes with the FX4 Package. I'm not sure what would hold up a Tremor, unless it's something to do with the higher level of luxury features. You can only get it on Lariat and higher. They have a more featured, complex dash computer and screen.

For ours I wanted the 148" wheelbase, but to still carry a 8 foot Hallmark. We were able to accomplish that by using a flatbed that will have upper boxes.

#8 Machinebuilder

Machinebuilder

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 10 November 2021 - 01:46 PM

I believe the Tremor package adds some more transmission control modes, ie rock crawl.

Hill descent is another thing and I did use it and found it handy on long steep hills, it only works below 20mph.

Even on my XL there are about 5 different transmission modes selected by the end of stalk button.

For me the tremor was not an option because it is only available as a crew cab shortbed. I prefer a long bed.

2021 F350 SCLB

FWC Grandby,

EBY Big Country Flatbed, Buckstop Outback front Bumper

Gabby (GSP), Sox (GSP/American Bulldog)

2011 F150 SCLB HDPP

#9 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:19 PM

I believe the Tremor package adds some more transmission control modes, ie rock crawl.

Hill descent is another thing and I did use it and found it handy on long steep hills, it only works below 20mph.

Even on my XL there are about 5 different transmission modes selected by the end of stalk button.

For me the tremor was not an option because it is only available as a crew cab shortbed. I prefer a long bed.

I was mistaken. I thought they were the same feature. 

I didn’t order a Tremor for similar reasons. I wanted the ability to carry a an 8ft camper, but wanted the shortest wheelbase I could accomplish that with. I ended up with a 6.75 Super Cab, but the Bowen flatbed will be longer. By eliminating the headache rack, it will hold a Hallmark K2 with no overhang and still maintain a good COG.

I do like the Tremor though! 

#10 4XHOTEL

4XHOTEL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 11:43 PM

My understanding from the Ford forums is that the options that hang up certain trucks varies almost weekly, due to varying option components being available or not.  The productions lines have been jimmy'd to allow short bursts of production when a pallet of some critical component arrives... more options means more potential for delay... I'm thinking March is worst case for me... in a perfect world my truck goes into production by the end of this year.

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users