Ordered an F250 Tremor today!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 04:31 PM

Sorry, it’s a bit of a hijack, but I too have that battery/alternator setup. Who pulls the wire from the truck to the camper? What’s the impact of under gauged wire in the truck or in the camper? Electronics pop my brain! :D  

#22 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 22 January 2022 - 07:45 PM

Impact of undersized wiring is that you get very poor (if any) charging happening via the truck’s alternator.

I ran my own wiring.

#23 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 10:58 PM

Impact of undersized wiring is that you get very poor (if any) charging happening via the truck’s alternator.

I ran my own wiring.

Thanks Vic! 

#24 JHanson

JHanson

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • LocationTucson and Fairbanks

Posted 26 January 2022 - 03:37 AM

I wrote a review of the Tremor for OutdoorX4 when the 2020 Fords were introduced. It is an impressive machine; I think you'll love it!

51842519717_9c130972cb_z.jpg

#25 DarinH

DarinH

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 118 posts
  • Locationwestern Colorado

Posted 12 February 2022 - 06:51 AM

I’ve had my 7.3 l gasser Tremor for almost a year. It hauls my FWC Grandby quite nice. The only suspension mod I did was add Firestone airbags. The FWC Hawk is the more ideal fit for the 6.75' bed on Tremors, but I like the extra foot of length with the Grandby. I haul the camper with the tailgate down because it has a built in tailgate step I like to use when I dont want to pack a step ladder, and I like having the little 7” shelf that the extra tailgate length provides at the back of the camper. Comes in handy when cooking outdoors.

The trail control feature (think of it as a low speed cruise control) on Tremors is real nice for steep descents on rough and/or slick roads. The granny gear mode has come in handy for me also. I haven’t needed to use the snow/sand mode yet, but I’m sure that day will come.

Happy trails when your rig arrives. You’ll love it.

Edited by DarinH, 12 February 2022 - 06:54 AM.

#26 Erwin

Erwin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 29 April 2022 - 02:56 AM

John, curious to find out which dealer you ordered your Tremor with. I am looking to order a Tremor with x-plan pricing as well. Thanks, Erwin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users