#1 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 01:53 AM

Looking at this stove for the new build:

Dometic 50216G RV 2-Burner Propane Cooktop With Glass Cover

Does anyone have this and works well?  Thanks.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 14 November 2021 - 03:29 AM

We do not have this stove but have a two burner SMEV (now Dometic) glass top in our camper for 8 years now. We really like it. We've seen this new model with the continuous grate and it looks like a nice improvement. Julie even asked if it would fit where our current stove is. Not until ours break.

One thing to look at is availability and price of replacement parts. Over the years I've replaced heat hardened grommets for the grates (this stove is different), an igniter, igniter post, thermocouple, and grates. The proper igniter post was only available from the UK or Australia. It took weeks for us to get it from the UK. I kept in contact with PantherRV and they now carry the part. Although a very quality stove, live with anything long enough and you'll be needing parts.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 03:31 AM

Here's a link to the stove -

Dometic 5021G

for information only. I know nothing about this seller.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#4 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the notes. We have an 8 year old Wedgewood in our Ocelot and have had no problems with it. But it appears they are not made anymore.

#5 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 14 November 2021 - 03:36 PM

I know that ATC is now using a flush mount stove as their standard, but I’m not certain which one.  It might be worth a call.  

The stove is a 2 burner, flush mount with a protective glass top lid. The lid folds down when not in use, protecting the stove and giving you a usable, flat surface.”

I’m not a Dometic fan, but the Dometic stove and oven in our Northern Lite is by far the best RV stove I’ve ever used.  It always lights on the first spin of the knob, has nice even heat on all burners, and the folding glass top hinges smoothly without hanging up.

I am haunted by waters

#6 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 03:39 PM

Julie and I became aware of this new stove because it is showing up in high end RV's we've looked at.

#7 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 04:17 PM

Thanks - I do plan on calling ATC and seeing what they have. Might be easier to buy from them even though I would do the install. Thanks for the use report Sage. 

#8 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 27 February 2022 - 05:50 PM

This thread popped up in my research on this model of stove.
I have now ordered one of these for my "other" camper to replace a Suburban model that has an explosive temperament. Ask me how I know about that "explosive" thing...

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#9 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 27 February 2022 - 06:40 PM

This thread popped up in my research on this model of stove.
I have now ordered one of these for my "other" camper to replace a Suburban model that has an explosive temperament. Ask me how I know about that "explosive" thing...

Do you still have yer eyebrows?

I am haunted by waters

#10 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:17 PM

Ask me how I know about that "explosive" thing...

How do you know about that "explosive" thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users