• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis535

Dennis535

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 08:26 PM

I had a set of 315/75 R 16  Baja MTZP3 Mickey Thompson Tires, they lasted about 20k miles to about 1/4 thread left.  I am very happy with them but America Tires said their discontinued.  I had no rock chipping at all and about half of the miles are on dirt and gravel great Basin roads.

I want a E2 load range a Hybrid tire design or less aggressive Mudd Terrain with a 3 ply side wall, I like using Discount / Americas tires because they have shops all over the west.  

Any suggestions?  

#2 veryactivelife

veryactivelife

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2021 - 10:51 PM

20k miles seems pretty low, but I don't have any experience with MT tires. I've had good luck with BF Goodrich KO2, got 40k on my first set and only because I replaced them early due to sidewall damage on one. Probably had another 5k or more on them. They do well under a variety of conditions and are pretty quiet. https://www.discount...ller-asc&page=0

Dean

Dean and Mary
2015 RAM 2500 Cummins with 2015 Four Wheel Campers Hawk flatbed

VeryActiveLife on Facebook, instagram & YouTube

#3 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 17 November 2021 - 11:16 PM

I just replaced my most recent set of Michelin LTX (Defender) M/S 235/85 R16 on my 1993 Dodge W250 Clubcab Diesel Longbed with Michelin Agilis CrossClimate M/S 235/85 R16.  I always use load range E. 

Truck weight is about 6700 pounds with bed cap and about 9200 - 9300 pounds with the FWC Keystone camper on it with two adults, all camping gear and full fuel and watert tanks, I use my truck on pavement (dry, wet, snow) more than 90% of the time.  Camper is on the truck about 1/2 the time.  The other 1/2 time I have the bedcap on.

I got >60,000 miles before going past the wear inicators on the tree previous sets of Michelin LTX tires. The marketing info for the Agilis CrossClimate tires says that they hold up better carrrying heavier payloads than the LTX/Defender series. 

During an 82 day trip this summer we drove from Central California to Bellingham, WA and ferried up to Whittier, AK (after several port visits). We drove round trip from Anchorage to Valdez, AK and McCarthy, AK. then drove back from Anchorage in late October and overall put more than 5,000 miles on these new Agilis tires.  We drove both on and off pavement and in wet, dry and snowy road conditions.  The tires worked well.  I use 4WD in snowy road conditions and I had adeqaute traction on about 3 - 6 inches of snow covered road between Glenallen, AK and Beaver Creek, YT.  The tires also worked fine on the 162 mile round trip over a well rutted and potholed gravel/dirt road to McCarthy, AK.

I have been very happy with the Michelin tires.  I did go through a set of Bridgestone Dueler Tires in between my first and secod set of Michelins (pre-2014) and I did not get good mileage out of them,

Edited by ckent323, 17 November 2021 - 11:30 PM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#4 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,379 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 18 November 2021 - 12:23 AM

I just replaced my most recent set of Michelin LTX (Defender) M/S 235/85 R16 on my 1993 Dodge W250 Clubcab Diesel Longbed with Michelin Agilis CrossClimate M/S 235/85 R16.  I always use load range E. 

Truck weight is about 6700 pounds with bed cap and about 9200 - 9300 pounds with the FWC Keystone camper on it with two adults, all camping gear and full fuel and watert tanks, I use my truck on pavement (dry, wet, snow) more than 90% of the time.  Camper is on the truck about 1/2 the time.  The other 1/2 time I have the bedcap on.

I got >60,000 miles before going past the wear inicators on the tree previous sets of Michelin LTX tires. The marketing info for the Agilis CrossClimate tires says that they hold up better carrrying heavier payloads than the LTX/Defender series. 

During an 82 day trip this summer we drove from Central California to Bellingham, WA and ferried up to Whittier, AK (after several port visits). We drove round trip from Anchorage to Valdez, AK and McCarthy, AK. then drove back from Anchorage in late October and overall put more than 5,000 miles on these new Agilis tires.  We drove both on and off pavement and in wet, dry and snowy road conditions.  The tires worked well.  I use 4WD in snowy road conditions and I had adeqaute traction on about 3 - 6 inches of snow covered road between Glenallen, AK and Beaver Creek, YT.  The tires also worked fine on the 162 mile round trip over a well rutted and potholed gravel/dirt road to McCarthy, AK.

I have been very happy with the Michelin tires.  I did go through a set of Bridgestone Dueler Tires in between my first and secod set of Michelins (pre-2014) and I did not get good mileage out of them,

for some reason I thought the new Agilis tires didn't have a mileage warranty?   I too have the LTX m/s and at about 40k on mine.... great.... if you look at tire rack, the ratings for the LTX have millions of miles, the Agilis are fairly new and have 200k?

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#5 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 08:52 PM

Like my Wildpeaks on my current truck. Couldn't get them for our new truck, so we went with Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs. Neither are probably as aggressive as your originals. Both are winter rated and come E rated. 

#6 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 19 November 2021 - 01:57 AM

I think the Michelin Agilis CrssClimate only has the standard 30,000 mile warranty.

From Michelin: "This tire has more than twice as much nylon reinforcement than the Michelin® Defender® LTX® M/S for improved durability".  It is also 3 peak rated for snow (as is the LTX M/S).

"
Compared to the MICHELIN® Defender® LTX® M/S tire, the MICHELIN® AGILIS® CROSSCLIMATE® tire has slightly better snow traction (including the 3PMSF certification on all sizes), better rolling resistance and better tread life under heavy loads. The MICHELIN® Defender® LTX® M/S tire has better tread life under light loads. The two tires are similar for other performances."

Here is a link to the choice brochure of LTX vs Agilis:

https://www.michelin..._Tire_Flyer.pdf

Edited by ckent323, 19 November 2021 - 02:00 AM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#7 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 19 November 2021 - 02:38 PM

Your link worked, mine didn’t. Basically, it looks like the Agilis is a “commercial” tire, well suited to ckent323’s use.👍

Edited by Mighty Dodge Ram, 19 November 2021 - 02:39 PM.

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tires

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users