mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPort Hadlock, Washington

Posted 14 December 2021 - 01:50 AM

Hello everybody!

Iv'e been lurking for quite awhile trying to decide what camper to get for my Tacoma. I have done quite a bit of research so was thinking of getting a FWC or the ATC. 

It is hard to find any of these used and the prices are almost like new prices. When I do find one, its gone. 

My question, finally, is I have found one and wondering your opinion on the cost? It is a shell model with some extras like a built in cook stove, heater, 12 volt socket,  Yakima rack, winter thermal package, four brand new jacks plus two more that are cable operated. It has the bench on the right side that makes into a bed, not the rollover style, just cushions and frame. Has shore power, one battery with isolator. Powered Fantastic fan. Large passenger and driver side windows that are vented with screens and mounting hardware for the composite bed on my 2013 Tacoma.

Over all condition is like new as far as I can tell. Still smells new. 

Price is $16,000. 

What do you think? 

Thank you for your responses, 

Mike

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 14 December 2021 - 02:55 AM

It's a bit on the high end but not unreasonable. It reflects today's market in used pop ups. They are hard to find. You describe it as like new and that helps justify the asking price. If you want it, better buy it. I know, I don't like to be rushed also, but there is the reality it could be gone.

Best of luck with your decision.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 mcgee

mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 06:04 AM

It's a bit on the high end but not unreasonable. It reflects today's market in used pop ups. They are hard to find. You describe it as like new and that helps justify the asking price. If you want it, better buy it. I know, I don't like to be rushed also, but there is the reality it could be gone.

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate it. Yes, it seems the prices have risen quite a bit. I have seen other FWC for sale for less, but then there gone or they are along way from where I live. Seattle area.

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,534 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 14 December 2021 - 07:01 AM

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate it. Yes, it seems the prices have risen quite a bit. I have seen other FWC for sale for less, but then there gone or they are along way from where I live. Seattle area.

Mike, If the Bobcat is a camper that meets your needs and is in as nice condition as you believe, you can always ask the seller if they are negotiable, then offer a reasonable lower price if the seller is willing.  They may say no, but there is no harm in asking.  Be ready to buy if they say yes.  Good luck!   ATC makes great campers.

I am haunted by waters

#5 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 14 December 2021 - 06:27 PM

Between Ski and Sage you are getting very good info.

Our campers are going at almost unheard prices.

In 2009 I looked at the used market,there were very few around.

But the couple I did see went faster then today's campers.

I went with new. At that time the build time was about 2 1/2 months.

I have a 2009 Bobcat full camper.Great camper has served us well for the

+50K miles we have traveled with it.

Go for the camper.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#6 mcgee

mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2021 - 06:28 PM

Mike, If the Bobcat is a camper that meets your needs and is in as nice condition as you believe, you can always ask the seller if they are negotiable, then offer a reasonable lower price if the seller is willing.  They may say no, but there is no harm in asking.  Be ready to buy if they say yes.  Good luck!   ATC makes great campers.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I will probably own this camper in a couple of days. 

One thing that is a bit surprising is that there are no stickers anywhere that says what it is, including the factory sticker that has the Vin#, weight etc. The owner does have the original buy sheet from ATC that has all the info on it for registering it here in Wa state. So all is well.

Thanks again for your responses, it is nice to have this information at hand about these and other campers. 

Wander the West is a great source for this.

Mike

#7 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 14 December 2021 - 08:53 PM

Mike you might give Marty (at ATC) a call maybe he can make new stickers for you if you want them.

I would think they have your camper info at least,so they could make you a new ATC camper info sticker.

Send some photos,we all like to see pictures.

Welcome to the ATC family.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#8 Gussie

Gussie

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationDunsmuir, California, USA

Posted 29 December 2021 - 07:10 AM

Hello everybody!

Iv'e been lurking for quite awhile trying to decide what camper to get for my Tacoma. I have done quite a bit of research so was thinking of getting a FWC or the ATC. 

It is hard to find any of these used and the prices are almost like new prices. When I do find one, its gone. 

My question, finally, is I have found one and wondering your opinion on the cost? It is a shell model with some extras like a built in cook stove, heater, 12 volt socket,  Yakima rack, winter thermal package, four brand new jacks plus two more that are cable operated. It has the bench on the right side that makes into a bed, not the rollover style, just cushions and frame. Has shore power, one battery with isolator. Powered Fantastic fan. Large passenger and driver side windows that are vented with screens and mounting hardware for the composite bed on my 2013 Tacoma.

Over all condition is like new as far as I can tell. Still smells new. 

Price is $16,000. 

What do you think? 

Thank you for your responses, 

Mike

mcgee, did you 'pull the trigger'? I hope so - it's gonna be hard to find a used one that is as ready for your Tacoma as this one.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." (Oscar Wilde)

2016 ATC Bobcat on a 2023 Tacoma Off-Road

#9 mcgee

mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 December 2021 - 09:57 PM

Yes, I pulled the trigger! Been setting up my Tacoma with air bags, installing the wiring harness and rear brake and running light harness. 

I'm excited about the camper. Doesn't seem to be used hardly at all.

I will post pic's when it's back on the truck. We have been having a bunch of snow here in the PNW. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users