#1 mcgee

mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPort Hadlock, Washington

Posted 30 December 2021 - 10:14 PM

Hi everyone! Hope the Holidays were good to you.

I just acquired a 2014 Bobcat and it does not have any brackets for the jacks. The jacks are Rieco titan with the tripod base and they have brackets that go under the edge of the camper. There are four of them. The brackets are made to bolt under the camper like the old style I had on a previous camper. We loaded the camper with them and unloaded it. I just don't feel to good about the jacks just setting under the lip of the camper and not being attached.

My question is, can I attach corner brackets on a camper that has not had any? Not sure about the strength of the corners if not installed at the factory. 

I have been searching for this topic and really can't find to many answers. Sorry for the  long winded post.

Thank you

Mcgee

#2 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 30 December 2021 - 10:29 PM

Mcgee,

Congratulation on your new camper!  

I would recommend calling ATC to answer that question.  They are most helpful with providing instructions for that sort of thing.  And if it turns out that it is more than you want to tackle, they would be able to handle the modification for you.

Jim

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 31 December 2021 - 04:12 AM

Mike, I think the answer is yes, but I’d have a conversation with Marty to confirm that, and to get tips on how best to do it.  You might even catch him making a delivery in Oregon and have him help you do it.

Another thought about your current jacks.  You could weld extensions on to the lip of the jacks to give them a more secure purchase of the camper.  

I am haunted by waters

#4 mcgee

mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 05:55 AM

Thanks for the responses! I will call Marty or Jeff about that. Iv'e talked with them a few times about other questions and they have been great to say the least. I don't like to bother them to much as I'm sure they are pretty busy.

#5 beartoothclimb

beartoothclimb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 March 2022 - 02:51 PM

Did you ever figure anything out? Mine does not have the brackets either and i've always wanted to add them.

#6 mcgee

mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 March 2022 - 11:48 PM

I decided to use the jacks I have. I don't want to carry jacks with me anyway.  I did do an an upgrade by welding an angle iron to them to help with holding them in place. Also glued some foam to them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users