#1 Jkron

Jkron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCO/NH/NY

Posted 14 January 2022 - 02:48 AM

So I am looking into purchasing the Froli system for my 2021 FWC Hawk Flatbed. But I have some questions for those that have it, particularly flatbed owners.

We sleep with the bed pulled out to the first stop (has the king mattress) and I leave the additional cushions at home. But with the flatbed we access the storage underneath occasionally, which means the bed needs to be slid in to lift it up.

I am curious with the Froli system if I can pop the extra cushions up, and "roll" it on top of the mattress so I can slide the bed all the way forward to access the storage.

Does anybody have experience with it on the flatbed with the bed extended and accessing the underbed storage?

(I am aware of hypervent, looking to add a little more comfort with the ventilation being a plus)

#2 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:19 AM

We have a slide out bed in our FWC Keystone (not a flat bed). It has a mattress and also uses the two back cushions from the roll over couch. I assembled the Froli System in two pieces, a wide piece that is the same width of the mattress and another narrower section the same width as the couch cushions.  When I need to push in the slide out part I remove the cushions, and lift out the narrow section of Froli Springs then replace them when I am done.  We travel with the bed slid out so there is no need to find a place to store the narrow Froli spring section.  I just put it and the cushions back in place.

Edited by ckent323, 16 January 2022 - 04:43 AM.

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#3 Jkron

Jkron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCO/NH/NY

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:02 AM

We have a slide out bed in out FWC Keystone

That's similar to what I was thinking. I travel with the bed slid out anyway, wasn't sure if I could just have one large piece and roll it over when accessing the storage, or if it would be better to have 2 individual sections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users