mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPort Hadlock, Washington

Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:07 AM

Hi everyone!

I was wondering about off setting my all white Bobcat with maybe a stripe to break up the look. I do not have any experience with this and was wondering if any of you have done this? Is there a more preferred vinyl over another? 

Thank you,

Mcgee

#2 Wango

Wango

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOregon,Montana

Posted 14 January 2022 - 02:40 PM

Hi,

My entire camper is wrapped, closely matches my truck. 3m is the brand. Had it done locally (Bozeman, MT). Has been wrapped all but one month of its 5 years. The driver side was replaced this past year, and the front facing section over the cab twice. Not super expensive to maintain. 

I would think a small accent would be reasonable in price and maintenance would be negligble.

w

... just average for a hill-billy...
2016 F350 cc, ATC Custom Flatbed

2022 AEV/Jeep JTRD

#3 corybrown50

corybrown50

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 182 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:54 PM

I added a camo "stripe" around mine to give it some charm after rebuilding it. I used a truck rocker panel kit. If you are a do it yourself type person it is pretty easy.....

Make sure it is warm outside. Flat surfaces are easiest. If you need to stretch the vinyl for contours, use a heat gun on low.

https://www.flickr.c...tetaken-public/

Edited by corybrown50, 14 January 2022 - 03:57 PM.

#4 mcgee

mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 January 2022 - 01:13 AM

Thanks for your responses! Been doing a search on vinyl wraps. There's a lot out there. Looking to so just a stripe on one of the panels around the camper. 

#5 PokyBro

PokyBro

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 15 January 2022 - 08:49 AM

Hi mcgee,

I did a full rebuild which entailed replacing the siding. I wanted to do something about plain white sides as well. So I taped off the sections to create a stripe around the circumference  like on most FWCs, and wiped the siding down good with alcohol, then applied rustoleum primer, and then paint from rattle cans. It’s held up nicely now for over 5 years. Here’s a link to my build.

https://www.wanderth...tom-hawk/page-4

Poky

1999 F250 crew cab SRW, 7.3 Powerstroke TD

1981 Grandby shortened to a Hawk

Build thread / https://www.wanderth...by-into-a-hawk/

#6 mcgee

mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2022 - 03:43 AM

Thanks PokyBro for that idea! Looks great! Oh, BTW, your build is fantastic!!

I like what you did with the jack brackets. My Bobcat which I recently obtained does not have brackets for jacks, so the jacks that came with it just slide under each corner. VERY nerve racking to say the least. I'm thinking of doing exactly what you did, but not sure about the strength of the corners. Im sure there are not the same as what you did. I'll call Marty and ask him if I can add some.

Thanks again to all that responded.

Mcgee

#7 mcgee

mcgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 01:49 AM

New stripes and curtains today. Still working on figuring out how to get the pic's to load.

med_gallery_9043_1512_532993.jpgmed_gallery_9043_1512_1279233.jpgmed_gallery_9043_1512_1543481.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users