• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 HotCheesePanda

HotCheesePanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 06:35 PM

Looking at replacing our old Sunlite camper with an ATC.

Does anyone have pics of the interior of an ATC Cougar? Not too many pics on the ATC website. We are interested in the side dinette and reg rollover couch.

Furthermore, is there anyone in the Portland Oregon area that would be willing for me to take a look at one in person?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 09 February 2022 - 08:10 PM

Looking at replacing our old Sunlite camper with an ATC.

Does anyone have pics of the interior of an ATC Cougar? Not too many pics on the ATC website. We are interested in the side dinette and reg rollover couch.

Furthermore, is there anyone in the Portland Oregon area that would be willing for me to take a look at one in person?

Thanks in advance!

Wow, HotCheesePanda is quite a user name!  Welcome to WTW!

There are a few Cougar owners here on the Forum, but TuffGuy62 is the only one I can think of by name.  Check out Brian’s photo gallery, there may be a few photos that will help.   There are a good number of members here who have ATC campers, I have recently ordered a Cougar shell model, and had a Bobcat previously.  I’ve rarely (if ever) heard complaints about ATC, and they are very flexible and easy to work with.  They make great campers, and they stand behind their work.

I expect my Cougar in September or October, so you would be welcome to see it in person if you haven’t ordered by then.  We are in the rural areas outside of Baker City.

I am haunted by waters

#3 HotCheesePanda

HotCheesePanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 08:44 PM

Thanks so much for the quick response. I appreciate the offer to come look at your new rig later this summer/fall. Congratulations BTW! If I have not placed my order by then, I will for sure take you up on that offer.

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 09:06 PM

You’re welcome.  

Are you looking for both a side dinette and roll over coach?  If so, that would probably be a custom shell model.  That’s a good question to ask Jeff or Marty.

Here is a link that you might enjoy reading.   ATC vs FWC.

I am haunted by waters

#5 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 09 February 2022 - 09:32 PM

Hi HCP,

Welcome to WTW!  I don't have a Cougar (long bed), I have a Panther (short bed) but I'll share some pictures from when I was going through planning out my camper build.

Here is a Cougar with sofa from the ATC site - 

i-6MkrDCF.jpg

i-JkKRhSR.jpg

When my Panther was built I had them shorten the sofa and add the "tall" passenger side cabinet like a Cougar.

i-bLJFMnK-L.jpg

I did go with the 84" wide Panther and use an electric chest fridge in place of the Yeti.  But the extra width gives you a wide isle. 

i-9Xg9W68-L.jpg

ATC converted the fridge cabinet for storage.

i-tcSsf6S-L.jpg

The great thing is that ATC does custom work so you end up with something that really fits your needs.

Let me know if you need more detail or have questions.

This might give you an idea of what the side dinette setup would be like https://www.wanderth...nther-purchase/

Edited by jimjxsn, 09 February 2022 - 10:21 PM.

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#6 HotCheesePanda

HotCheesePanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 02:21 AM

Thanks everyone. Super glad that I joined this forum, what a great community.

We are trying to max the room we have due to our stubborn dogs that ALWAYS choose the worst possible spot to relax in. Not sure if the side dinette would give us more floor space or a space where at least one dog could lay under the table.

#7 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,576 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 05:26 AM

Thanks everyone. Super glad that I joined this forum, what a great community.

We are trying to max the room we have due to our stubborn dogs that ALWAYS choose the worst possible spot to relax in. Not sure if the side dinette would give us more floor space or a space where at least one dog could lay under the table.

The reason I’m going with a shell model and a Cougar this time is I ran myself out of room when I built out the Bobcat.  With my clothing, food,  photo gear, shotguns, bird vest, dog gear, and an 85 pound Wirehair pointer, there was no room.   If I wanted to be standing, the side dinette had to be made into a bed so Fritz had a place to be out of the way.  If I wanted to sit, Fritz had to be in the aisle.

Unless you get a Lagun type table support, there won’t be room for the dog.  The stock tables are supported by a leg and support on the floor.

My goal with the Cougar is to maximize floor space, and given that you have dogs, you may also find that necessary.

In addition to this guy, we have a second dog that’s nearly as big.  They take up a lot of room.

gallery_4841_711_416100.jpg

I am haunted by waters

#8 Atlin

Atlin

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSequim, WA; Atlin, BC

Posted 10 February 2022 - 04:39 PM

I have a cougar but probably won't help as I built it out from a shell that had only the furnace and cooktop in the back corner.  But you're welcome to come visit and look if you want to take the trip.  I'm up in Sequim in WA.

#9 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 10 February 2022 - 05:23 PM

i have an atc ocelot shell. its not built out as yet, but is in pdx if u want to look at it. i am going to build out interior myself, but have heldoff, and have changed mind a few times  :)   i do have an alucab awning, lithium battery in a temp setup, 12 v dometic fridge on rear floor.

greg

Oregon

#10 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 10 February 2022 - 05:28 PM

We maximized floor space in our build by using flip up chairs and a lagun table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users