• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 JWL

JWL

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 February 2022 - 02:11 PM

I don’t have a Trasharoo but I do have an old dry bag that I attach to my fuel can and holder on the outside when I’m out for more than a few days. Like others have said it is used for cans etc, other than those we actually produce very little trash ourselves. The bulk of it is from cleaning up others trash around our site. Oh and if we need to dispose of a WAG bag. All of which I would prefer no to keep in the camper.

2007 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab

2020 Hawk Shell

#12 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 17 February 2022 - 04:16 PM

I have and use a Trasharoo. There are others available that are better designed and built. Agree 👍 with JWL on the wag bag issue!

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#13 firemen7

firemen7

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationEscondido, CA

Posted 23 February 2022 - 03:42 AM

I don't really use mine for trash, I tend to store my folding step, collapsible table and other items that I don't necessarily want in the camper. If I am going to take firewood with us I store it in the Trasharoo...

2009 Single cab Silverado Z71 & 2005 Hawk
2018 Crew cab Silverado 4X4 & 2018 Hawk

2020 RAM 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 & 2018 Hawk

#14 fuzzymarindave

fuzzymarindave

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationMarin County, CA

Posted 26 February 2022 - 04:00 PM

Good feedback.   Storing the WAG bag outside of camper makes sense.  I ditched the Thetford cassette for a Go Anywhere folding unit.  It is in the camper but we have not used it yet.  If we are in developed campground we use their facilities and if we are remote we have so far been able to go as we do when backpacking.  

2015 Hawk, Silver Spur Interior, Fiberglass siding.  2008 F250 4x4 Supercab

#15 nikonron

nikonron

• Members
  • 576 posts
  • Locationowensboro,ky

Posted 27 February 2022 - 12:22 AM

When traveling in bear country the TrashaRoo stays home, but desert travel it is on the back of the rig. Ron 

#16 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 647 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 15 March 2022 - 02:32 PM

Never used mine for trash. They are great, sturdy bags though. I have an inside mounted spare tire on my K5 Blazer with a trasharoo strapped to it.

Mine holds:

• Recovery straps
  • Shackles and blocks
  • High lift jack, sand base
  • Gloves
  • Winch remote
  • Winch cable damper bag
  • Jumper cables
  • Flares
  • Ball hitch
  • Tarp
  • Toilet paper
  • First Aide kit
  • Couple wrenches
  • On some trips, extra ammo 

Edited by Cpt Davenport, 15 March 2022 - 02:37 PM.

#17 Zoomad

Zoomad

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 March 2022 - 03:09 AM

I use a trasharoo almost every time we go for a trip.  I don't have a lot of room in my camper to carry a bag of trash, plus being open to the cab I don't want to smell it.   

I will say I've lost one trasharoo that was loaned to me that the nylon straps around the tire failed where they were sewn onto the bag. They don't like being left on a tire all the time between trips and exposed to a ton of the suns rays.   I replaced it for my buddy I borrowed it from and bought my own.   I take it off between trips to avoid the uv damage.  They are pretty nice units, but I found another one that so far works well and seems to be constructed.  

It's from Rhino USA and it really held up great on a 2500 mile trip I used it on.   

51912007945_09a4b2eb78_c.jpg

I can see for some they aren't needed or can manage trash in other ways.  They work well for me.  I packed out trash for our trash for a week with 3 trucks and 5 people.  We also were able to make room for others trash if we saw it at campsites.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users