1 reply to this topic

#1 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:37 PM

Mostly posting this just for the one pic. I packed up my electric heater as this one of the very few times I camp where I can plug in. I arrived at the campground only to be informed the storm took out the electric to my portion of the campground :(  Good thing I had enough propane as it was chilly Friday night. Amazing how much warmer Saturday was. 

If I'd realized just how far up 80 we'd have to go I'd have probably opted out of this run. My 75hp does not enamor me to big rigs trying not to lose momentum. Our group leader said though this run was posted as intermediate it was closer to extreme. He may have had a point. No lack of snow up this high (we went in off the emigrant gap road). This was a tough spot many had to get strapped through. Fifi made it though.

11852%5B1%5D-M.jpg

About as close to flopping her on the side as I've come. I did have to get strapped through another section. I think either my front limited slip gave out of maybe, hopefully a hub broke. I'll look into that tomorrow. Riley had a great time playing in the snow and begging for food. We all made it out okay unlike one of the other runs where I heard someone grenaded a differential.

KIMG0667%5B1%5D-M.jpg

Beautiful day for playing in the snow.

Winter Fun was postponed due to the massive snow/wind event back in January. The downed trees in the campround were testament to the ferocity of the storm. These were not old diseased or otherwise but healthy trees that came down all across the campground.

I wish I'd gotten some pics of the Jeeps the Forest Service and the Nevada County Sheriffs department showed off at the event. Nicer than most of the rigs that people brought. Paid for at least in part (unsure of just how much) by OHV funds. Nice guys too. 

All the runs are permitted and planned in cooperation with the FS. The Grass Valley Four Wheelers work hard to pull this off. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 27 February 2022 - 08:19 PM

That's some adventure Craig. Not fun if you flipped over.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users