Turn Key, Adventure Ready Expedition / Overland / Bug Out Rig
This rig needs to be on the road!
$73K $69,900 USD
Serious offers and delivery considered
Looking for that perfect rig to take you where most RVs, Trailers and Hard sided
campers can't go, for overland travel on the Pan Am Highway or
crossing international borders where there's no DEF readily available, if at all..
a rock solid, PROVEN set up with fewer electrical components to trouble shoot
and that's not a brand new, shiny target on your back
You've found your UNICORN!!
2016 Four Wheel Camper Hawk Flatbed Silver Spur (Interior & Exterior)
on a Custom Alum-line Aluminum Flatbed
Mounted on a
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4
5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel
*NO DEF Needed - Perfect for International Overlanding or trips to Mexico
4 Wheel Drive
Current location: Grass Valley, CA
No Accidents, Clean Title in hand.
Non smoking vehicle
- Alumline Custom Welded Aluminum Flatbed with 4 (Key) lockable Storage Basement boxes
- New (remanufactured) Cummins 5.9L Turbo Diesel Engine from Jasper Engines & Transmissions Installed by Strictly Diesel in Phoenix, AZ 85027 in 6/3/2017 Mileage at Time 132,977 current 168,xxx. Engine was replaced **as a precaution** by previous owners who didn't want to risk an engine knock in OEM engine while traveling in South America.
- Edge Tuner Model: CS Juice with Attitude (Computer Brain is Under the Hood & plugs into OBD2 with Dash Mounted LCD Control Screen) level 1 &2 Light Towing 1-2000 lbs., Performance Mode 2 (5-7000 lbs.), Performance Mode 3 is Daily Driver, Race Mode is 4, Mode: 5 is Extreme Performance
- Transmission: Automatic
- Manual Transfer Case - 2WD, 4WD HI 4WD LOW
- Fuel: Diesel **PRE DEF = No DEF needed
- A/C: *Update - A/C now blows ice cold! Mechanic thought it might be the compressor/condenser, but after an Evac & Freon Recharge it's working perfectly.
- Heat: Toasty hot
- ARB (Dodge) Deluxe Bull Bar Bumper Model: 3452020 with 2 heavy duty recovery points
- Rigid Industry 20” Bumper mounted Light Bar & 3” Rigid Fog Lights (All with Rigid Tinted Covers
- N fab Side Step Nerf Bar (Cab Length)
- Mag-Hytech Front Diff Cover
- BD Rear Differential Cover
- BD HD oversized transmission Pan
- Drilled and Slotted Front Rotors
- Hawk Performance Heavy Duty Ferro Carbon Brake Pads
- 1.5 Inch Dodge 3500 Front Leveling Kit
- S&B (75-5094) Cold Air Intake 03-07 5.9L with Cotton Cleanable S&B Filter
- MBRP Oversized Exhaust Tail Pipe
- Mickey Thompson Classic III 17” Rims Black Plus 1 Spare mounted under the flatbed (5 total)
- Cooper Discover All Terrain Tires: 17” S/T Maxx E-Rated Tire Size: LT295/70/R17 (33” Outer Diameter)
- Hidden Undercarriage full-sized Spare Rim & Tire
- On Board ARB Twin Air Compressor Installed
- ARB Pneumatic Hose Kit with Inflator/Deflator Gauge
- (2) Interstate Group 65 Lead Acid CCA 850 (Costco) Truck Batteries installed 6/2020
- Custom steel rear bumper w 2 heavy duty recovery points
- 2” Rear Hitch Receiver
- 4 Pin Flat Trailer Harness Plug Connector
- Dodge 4 New Mopar Ball Joints installed @ 158,000 miles 11/2019
- Carli Steering Track Bar - new install @ 152,050 miles 6/2019
- Borgeson Steering Shaft
- Synergy Steering Linkage & Tie Rod ends @ 158,000 miles 11/2019
- Icon Shock Steering Damper
- BD Diesel Steering Stabilizer Kit (Steering Brace)
- 4 New Bilstein 5100 shocks @ 158,000 miles 11/2019
- 2 Additional Leaf springs Added @ 158,000 miles 11/2019
- Firestone Ride Right Airbags helper springs
- Daystar Air Bag Cradles
- Power Windows, Mirrors, Door locks and Driver Seat
- A/C and Heat work perfectly
- Cruise Control
- Interior Overhead Digital Temp Sensor with average MPG
- Rearview Mirror Reverse Video Camera Lens on License Plate Frame
- Weather Tech heavy duty floor mats (front)
- Jimmi’ Jammer: In-door Anti-Theft Shield Protection Installed (inside lock mechanism on Front & Rear Door Locks)
- Carhart Gray Canvas Front (Truck) Seat Covers (seats always covered and in perfect condition)
- ALU Box (Back Seat Wall Safe) Aluminum LockBox 14”x10”x13”
- Tinted Front door Rain Deflectors
- Kenwood Excelon KDC X300 Bluetooth CD Stereo Head Unit with USB outlet
- JBL Audio Shallow Sub Woofer
- Alpine Amp
2016 Four Wheel Camper Hawk Flatbed
Silver Spur Package Details
- Flatbed Camper with side entry
- Pop-up camper allows you to go many more places and has more than 6 ft headroom when popped up
- 2021 Brand New Isotherm 85 liter 2 way (AC/DC) Compressor refrigerator - Runs Off 12v System and Automatically switches to 110v when plugged in to Shore Power (Non-Propane)
- Queen size cabover bed frame with slide option for King (mattress not included)
- Under-bed Storage - the only FWC model with this essential storage option
- Rear dinette converts to comfy couch or extra bed - great for your dogs or kids
- Interior & Exterior Shower Set Up (hot and cold)
- Dometic flush mount dual burner propane stove top
- Dometic flush mount sink w cold/hot water
- Theftford C-200 (Flushable) Cassette Toilet
- Kitchen Fantastic Fan Model: 1250 3 Speed Blow In & Blow Out (standard)
- Fantastic Vent (over bed) Upgraded with 2 USB ports
- Atwood Propane Furnace
- 20 Gal. Fresh Water Tank
- 6 Gallon Hot Water Heater
- Shurflow Water Pump
- (2)- 6 Volt Intimidator Deka Model: 8AGC2M Type: AGM Deep Cycle Camper Batteries Installed: 11/2019
- 2 (10 lbs.) Propane Tanks 2.4 gallons
- (2) 160 Watt Solar Panels (320 total watts)
- Blue Sky MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) 3000i Solar Controller
- Fiamma 8’6” F45s Awning Titanium with Winding Foldable Crank Handle
- Torklift Revolution Uprising Aluminum 24” folding GlowSteps
- Rear Lockable MaxTrax Mount Holders
- (2) Maxtrax MKII Grey Recovery Boards
- AT Overland Custom Rear mounted Lockable Jerry Can Holders
- Rear mounted Flood Lights
- (2) 20Liter/ 5 gal. Wavian Yellow Diesel Jerry Cans
- Camper Door- RV Locks Compact Digital Keyless Entry Door Lock (With Optional Key)
- Four Wheel Camper Thermal (Insulation) Pack
- Camco Screen door Cross Bar
- Stainless Steel Cup Holder
- Johnson 20% Window Tint on all perimeter Camper Windows
- and more!
THE LOW DOWN
Rock solid and no known issues - mechanical or otherwise - except as stated here:
• Prindle switch needs to be replaced
• Matte Gray 3M Vinyl wrap has begun to crack, fade, and peel in some areas - particularly on the hood and in a few other areas. - Price reduced in consideration
• "Lamp Out" indicator light on - All lights are functioning
• Back seats removed for more storage space and replaced with an Aftermarket Dodge folding tool Tray (we don't have the seats)
• Airbag Indicator Light on - Dodge dealership addressed airbag recall 6/2019 and mechanic tried to diagnose the issue. It's a common 3rd Gen Ram issue.
• Body and interior are in excellent shape! Some minor door dings but no dents and no accidents.
• Some surface rust on underbelly - nothing corrosive and none on the body.
• Hail Damage claim on CarFax from previous owner in 2008 - no visible damage on hood or anywhere that we've seen. Other than that a clean history - NO ACCIDENTS, CLEAN TITLE in hand.
Camper and interior are in excellent condition and everything works - no leaks, no dents or major damage.
• FWC Queen Mattress removed = No Mattress - outfit it to your liking. Exped Mega Mats are awesome, light weight, no condensation under the mattress.
• A few minor cosmetic blemishes in the interior from normal wear and tear
• There's a couple of minor boo boos (yeah I said it) on the interior walls (see photos) - these can be covered with paint or decor
• Exterior has some scuffs from our bike handlebars (rear) and “pinstripes” (nothing deep) from nature, but that's how you know she's not a mall crawler.
Anything else you want to know, any other photos or video - please ask. Thanks for looking!
Four Wheel Camper (Yes or No) List
Mechanical Camper Jacks: No
Jack Extension Plates: Yes
Roof Mounted Solar: Yes
30 AMP MPPT Controller: Yes
MPPT Charge Controller: Yes
Flush Mount Glass Top Sink: Yes
Flush Glass Top Stove: Yes
2-Way 85 liter Refrigerator: Yes
Atwood Forced Air Furnace: Yes
Hot Water Heater: Yes
Indoor Shower: Yes
Outside Shower: Yes
Thetford Cassette Toilet: Yes
6 Gal. Water Heater: Yes
Fantastic Roof Fan: Yes
Extra Roof Vent: Yes
Fiamma 8' F45S Awning: Yes
Roof Rack Tracks: Yes
Roof Racks: No
Rear Flood Lights: Yes
Side Flood Lights: No
Exterior LED Light Package: No
Insulation Thermal Pack: Yes
Dual 6 Volt AGM Batteries: Yes
Lithium Batteries: No
Dual 160W Solar Panels: Yes
This Vehicle has been meticulously maintained
both by us and the previous owners.
Tires always rotated, fluids always changed at recommended intervals.
We have a binder full of detailed records and receipts kept on all upgrades, parts, labor, and components.
This beast was very thoughtfully built, is well kitted out, tried and true
Ready for many more adventures.
Roxy has a legacy and she’s ready to roll.
With the current situation of parts availability, delays, along with staff and labor shortages,
not sure how long it would take to build a plug and play rig like this..
but I imagine well over a year and over $100k out of pocket
Current wait time for a new Four Wheel Camper is around 16 months
Truck Spec Info
Height with Top down: 8 ft 8 in.
Height Popped-Up: 10 ft 8 in.
Bumper to bumper: 20 ft long
Width: 7 ft 1 in.
Motor Oil: Fully Synthetic 15w 40
Oil filter: Fleet guard: LF16035
Mobile 1: M1-403
Mopar Fuel Filter: M0914
Diesel Tank Size: 31.7 gal. = 120 Liters
Lil Back Story...
Our plan was a multi-year, round-the-world overland journey. We spent many months on research to select the right rig that would take us to more remote places, be self sufficient off the grid, and fairly easy to troubleshoot and work on outside of North America.
We were mentally preparing to endeavor the very same build ourselves, when luck came our way and we found Roxy.
We knew without question that THIS was the rig we wanted, and we didn't hesitate at the opportunity to make her ours!
We waited patiently for a few months for her to make her way back by ship from Ecuador, and did all the groundwork to prepare for importing her back into the U.S. from Canadian ownership.
We flew from California to Houston and discovered that we couldn't do the import while she was already stateside, so we followed her Houston to Toronto without ever having even driven her. Call us crazy - but we KNEW the value of what we were getting. We felt confident that the previous owners were stand up folks who put A LOT of thought, attention, time, and money into building and maintaining this very special rig. This is NOT your Beverly Hillbillies Hoopty.
They replaced the 5.9 Cummins engine at 133k miles bc they didn’t want to take a risk with an engine knock in the OEM, while traveling in South America. Roxy handled like a champ throughout all journeys - Alaska to Ecuador, crossed the Andes twice.. shipped back to Texas.
Roxy was plug and play, proven for exactly the type of travel we planned on doing, and adventure ready. Our maiden voyage was across country from Toronto to California, stopping at Overland Expo where we camped with and were hospitably welcomed by the Four Wheel Campers Owners Family.
We checked off many bucket list items in the Pacific Northwest and the South West, and boondocked at hundreds of secluded BLM & Nat'l Forest spots. Offgrid for weeks at a time with no generators, no traffic, no human activity - not a soul in sight except for the wild things.
Our favorites included some of Americas most magnificent wild hot-springs and stunning National Parks, forests and desert lands in the spacious wilderness of Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and New Mexico.
We’ve done full-time, part-time and now back to sticks and bricks.
Our international overland plans got derailed in 2020, so after much thought and emotion we're exploring a different set up that accommodates a daily driver.
Roxy does not disappoint!! She's been very good to us. Solid performance, never broke down or left us stranded (well, except that one time I accidentally left the light bar on overnight ) She's a workhorse, and as sad as we are to part ways, we know that she's destined for more exploration!
If you have any questions or want to see specific photos or video - please ask. Thanks for looking!
Edited by Happy_Camper, 23 August 2022 - 08:22 PM.