• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 27 March 2022 - 03:04 PM

If you are sure you will be going to lithium in the future buy the 30A DC-DC. I like the ability to program the Victron to whatever you want.  I have 2 Victron DC-DC 30A chargers. Two 270Ah BB batteries. #2 AWG feeding the chargers 150 amp circuit breaker on this line. I split the 2 AWG to 4 AWG with a dual 60 amp fuse block. They do get hot, I mounted vertically and spaced off the chargers off the wall with aluminum flat bar for more air flow. 

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

#12 TheDudeMan

TheDudeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 27 March 2022 - 04:24 PM

If you are sure you will be going to lithium in the future buy the 30A DC-DC. I like the ability to program the Victron to whatever you want.  I have 2 Victron DC-DC 30A chargers. Two 270Ah BB batteries. #2 AWG feeding the chargers 150 amp circuit breaker on this line. I split the 2 AWG to 4 AWG with a dual 60 amp fuse block. They do get hot, I mounted vertically and spaced off the chargers off the wall with aluminum flat bar for more air flow. 

That's an impressive setup, Bill.  Appreciate the confirmation on temperature concerns.  

After looking at your blog, I'm curious - where did you fit all that in a Hawk Shell?  Picture seems to indicate to the front of the rig?  

#13 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 27 March 2022 - 05:45 PM

That's an impressive setup, Bill.  Appreciate the confirmation on temperature concerns.  

After looking at your blog, I'm curious - where did you fit all that in a Hawk Shell?  Picture seems to indicate to the front of the rig?  

Not in a Hawk. I got old, sold the Hawk and got a Class B van. This is just behind the driver's seat Ford Transit AWD. 

#14 Jon R

Jon R

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 March 2022 - 07:33 PM

I have an Orion 12/12-30 and a Smart MPPT 100/12-30 in my battery compartment mounted to the wood exterior wall with rubber grommets for a little vibration isolation. The Orion does get warm after a long period at full output but if you install it with the recommended spacing it seems to cool adequately.

Attached Files

Jon R

2021 Grandby Slide-in Front Dinette

2021 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW Gas

1993 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab LB

#15 bsharp007

bsharp007

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 01 April 2022 - 03:07 PM

Curious what  are you running with 540 ah battery power?  I use approx 40 ah a day and that's for a 130L fridge and everything else, I could stay out for 14 days with ZERO solar.  

Will,  2019 Ford F150 with a 2022 Hawk

#16 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 01 April 2022 - 06:12 PM

I went LifePO4 quite a while ago.  Built my own battery pack...

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#17 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 04 April 2022 - 01:37 AM

Curious what  are you running with 540 ah battery power?  I use approx 40 ah a day and that's for a 130L fridge and everything else, I could stay out for 14 days with ZERO solar.  

12 volt AC.

#18 Rehaber

Rehaber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPortland Or

Posted 05 June 2022 - 02:18 AM

Hi 

I have a Hawk 1990, total remodel,

I'm looking to install a Victron Dc To Dc 30 amp Charger,

I have 100 amp Sok Heated Smart Battery,

My question is which one to buy, insolated or non insolated,

Dave

#19 heinphoto

heinphoto

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:21 PM

I'm looking to install a Victron Dc To Dc 30 amp Charger,
I have 100 amp Sok Heated Smart Battery,
My question is which one to buy, insolated or non insolated,
Dave

The non-isolated should be fine and is usually less expensive. The isolated version is usually used in marine applications. You can effectively convert the isolated version into non-isolated by connecting the negative terminals together.

-Scott

Edited by heinphoto, 05 June 2022 - 03:36 PM.

FWC Slide-in Grandby and OEV Aluma Tray on a Ford F350 Supercab with the 6.2L Gas Engine.

http://www.heinphoto.com/

IG: heinphoto

#20 Rehaber

Rehaber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPortland Or

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:40 PM

Scott 

Thanks, for the info on the Dc to Dc Charger, I like the Victron 30 amp & that takes care of the 2002 2500Hd Chevy

I have 100amp SOK Heated Smart Battery and a 380 watt solar panel at 45 vdc, The size of the solar panel is 39 in by 72 in,42 lbs 

The panel is mounted on the passenger rear roof corner, a snug fit... 

I'm thinking of using Victron Mppt 100/30 & Smart shunt for the solar panel & battery

This new Smart Victron equipment looks like the way go for me .

My Travel Trailer has Morningstar  MPPT  30amp & Bogart shunt  

Dave 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users