Photo
- - - - -

2020+ superduty crew cab short box owners?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 09 April 2022 - 08:10 PM

Could I bother you for a couple measurements?

Presuming you have a truck camper what is the cabover height (camper bottom to underside of the cabover) and how much clearance does that provide on the truck cab?

How much would an 89" long camper body protrude past the bumper?

Karma points to anyone that can answer and a beer if we ever cross paths. ;)

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#2 Machinebuilder

Machinebuilder

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 10 April 2022 - 01:13 PM

https://madocumentup...de36bf&v5=False

That is a link to the Body Builders Layout Guide. it has all the measurements you could ask for

2021 F350 SCLB

FWC Grandby,

EBY Big Country Flatbed, Buckstop Outback front Bumper

Gabby (GSP), Sox (GSP/American Bulldog)

2011 F150 SCLB HDPP

#3 Cottonww

Cottonww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 06:31 PM

I have a 2013 Tundra and had to lift my Hallmark camper in order to clear the truck cab. No big deal. I use stock pads(three) and do the job nicely. 

#4 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 10 April 2022 - 07:24 PM

I have a 2013 Tundra and had to lift my Hallmark camper in order to clear the truck cab. No big deal. I use stock pads(three) and do the job nicely. 

I'm modifying the aluminum camper frame I was welding for my flatbed to switch back to a truck bed (in a newer superduty that's on order) so want to adsorb the requirements into the frame itself vs shimming a finished camper.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#5 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 10 April 2022 - 07:25 PM

https://madocumentup...de36bf&v5=False

That is a link to the Body Builders Layout Guide. it has all the measurements you could ask for

Thanks I'll look through and make sure I'm not left with any questionable measurements. :)

#6 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 12 April 2022 - 03:26 PM

Okay, there are two dimensions that would be useful to me that aren't covered in the link if someone could hook me up. :)

1) How wide is the top of the front bed wall? The dimensions are listing from the front outside edge of the box but there is a lip there, I know its probably only ~2" but I'd like to know if possible.

2) What the distance from the front bed wall to the rear edge of the fender wells? 

#7 DarinH

DarinH

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 118 posts
  • Locationwestern Colorado

Posted 09 May 2022 - 03:53 AM

Could I bother you for a couple measurements?

Presuming you have a truck camper what is the cabover height (camper bottom to underside of the cabover) and how much clearance does that provide on the truck cab?

How much would an 89" long camper body protrude past the bumper?

Karma points to anyone that can answer and a beer if we ever cross paths. ;)

What model of camper are you wanting to put in the Superduty short box?

I have a FWC Grandby (96” long) in my ‘21 Superduty shortbox. It sticks out about a foot past the end of the bed. I keep the tailgate on so I can use the pull-out step that slides into the top of the tailgate. There’s about 8" of tailgate beyond the back wall of the camper, that serves as a handy little “shelf” to have while camping.

That’s all from memory. I can pull some measurements for you tomorrow.

Edited by DarinH, 09 May 2022 - 03:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users