13 replies to this topic

#11 Wango

Wango

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationOregon,Montana

Posted 06 September 2022 - 12:43 PM

Hi,

If you want to go the hitchgate route, let me know. I have one that just sits around my garage.

w

... just average for a hill-billy...
2016 F350 cc, ATC Custom Flatbed

2022 AEV/Jeep JTRD

#12 DarinH

DarinH

• Registered (Tapatalk)
  • 118 posts
  • Locationwestern Colorado

Posted 06 September 2022 - 11:47 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.
It has been a very busy summer and I still have not found my camper yet. I am looking for a hawk 2017 or newer shell that’s not too expensive or sold by the time I see it.
No my spare will not fit under the truck. The rims and tires are too large even if I removed heat shield next to tail pipe. I think I will be looking at a Wilco hitch tire carrier. Suggestions please.
No rear anti sway bar on my truck but I have hear lots of good things about Hellwig suspension. If I can keep camper light the suspension upgrades will be minimal.
I looked at the camera in the tailgate and that will stay put I will just get an after market and put it on plate/ bumper.

We are off to the Westcliffe area this weekend in a tent, but a least it’s camping and not work

What part of Colorado do you live?There’s a place in Grand Junction called Alcan Springs that can make you a custom leaf pack that’s specific to your loaded/wet weight.

#13 Lotsapapa

Lotsapapa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNathrop,Co

Posted 08 September 2022 - 05:52 PM

GJ isn’t too far from me we spend lots of time on western slope so thanks for the suggestion of Alcan Spring.

What kind of tire carrier is it? I would need if to swing out of the way when camper is on it.
You can reach me here or any
Mahoney08@msn.com

Thanks

#14 penner

penner

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 01:19 PM

Our ATC Ocelot is only on our Chevy 1/2 ton a few months a year. After using Timbrens for the first few years and after some discussion with JHanson and others here I decided to install a set of Timber Grove air bags on my 2020 Chevy Trail Boss. We just returned from a 21000 km trip which included the Dempster Hwy up to Tuk, McCarthy/Kennecott and lots of gnarly, washboard roads through Alaska, Yukon, NWT and BC. Lets just say , the bags were the best upgrade I have done . Should have installed them when I first got the camper. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users