• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Recycledon

Recycledon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:03 PM

Hello folks!  Extremely new here and wanted to ask about upgrading the tires on my 2013 Nissan Pro-4x to an E rated; 10 ply tire.  I've added airbags, leaf springs and rear shocks to upgrade the suspension on the truck to handle the added weight ~1,1200 lbs.  I'm now shopping for a 10ply tire for my truck that currently runs a 265/75 R16 size tire.  I want this tire to be rated for driving in the snow, but I want it to also be a year around tire that's not studded.  Any Suggestions on a specific brand that you like would be great!  

Sincerely,

Donny Addison

Eugene, OR

#2 Jsoboti

Jsoboti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:20 PM

BFG K02 has never let me down. You'll find lots of people on here who swear by them, myself included.

I've driven them in every type of terrain and they're great. Low road noise, long life, and fantastic in the snow!

2014 F-350 | 2019 FWC Hawk | King Suspension 

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:22 PM

Donny, first… welcome to WTW,

I’m a fan of Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires, about 5 years back, an evaluation of top brands was performed by the good folks on Expedition Portal.  The Discoverer was rated best all around.   Depending on your load, I’m not certain you need an E rated tire.  A conversation with a good tire shop might be a good move.  The heavier tire does impact your mileage.  Just my 2¢.

I am haunted by waters

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:33 PM

BFG K02 has never let me down. You'll find lots of people on here who swear by them, myself included.

I've driven them in every type of terrain and they're great. Low road noise, long life, and fantastic in the snow!

A differing opinion on the BFG K02 -

BF Goodrich All Terrain KO Tires - A personal Critique

I am currently on my my second set of Cooper tires and have been quite pleased.

Cooper Discoverer Tires - a Personal Critique

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:44 PM

Careful with those critiques. What works good on one vehicle may not work well one another. Ex. My Jeep loves the BFG MT's. My truck not so much. I do like the Coopers but this year I'm trying out the Falken AT's and so far I'd rate them comparable to the Coopers.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#6 Recycledon

Recycledon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 09:12 PM

The best deal I've found locally is the Auttro Trailblazer.  Any thoughts on that tire?

I'm going to keep running my current tires for the next month or two.  Still in good shape and we don't plan on doing any major off road driving for a bit.  Mostly driving on highways and forest roads.  

Thanks for the input everyone.  I will post of pics of our setup soon!  

Donny

#7 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 09:21 PM

I run E rated tires just for extra bit of load and protection. Have used Michelin AT2 (another friend with Tundra and Cougar pulling a trailer has used these for over 500,000 miles on three trucks with no issues). Currently running Coppers on a 21 tundra with camper (only 4K miles so far) and have Les Schwab Mazama's on the 05 Tundra with a camper.  Have also used Toyos and KO2. The KO2s were definitely noisier than others in our experience. The Michelin tires definitely got the most miles wear wise.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#8 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 10:34 PM

I've run both Falken Wildpeaks and Toyo A/T IIIs. Both are good. Nothing is as good in the snow as a dedicated snow like a Nokian Hakkapeliitta though. It's not worth changing anymore though. 

#9 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 17 June 2022 - 11:15 PM

Here is the link to Scott Brady’s tire review on ExPo.

I am haunted by waters

#10 veryactivelife

veryactivelife

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 June 2022 - 12:03 AM

Ask 10 people, get 10 different opinions. All of the above are probably good choices. Different rigs do behave differently with the same tire, so there's that to consider. We run KO2, liked them well enough that we went for a second set. For snow just be sure they have the 3 Peak rating.

Here's another review on 9 popular tires. 

https://www.truckcam...there-and-back/

Dean

Dean and Mary
2015 RAM 2500 Cummins with 2015 Four Wheel Campers Hawk flatbed

VeryActiveLife on Facebook, instagram & YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users