#1 vtarider65

vtarider65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVentura county

Posted 05 July 2022 - 08:22 PM

Hello ,

I'm just waiting for my Hawk to be finished Oct 22 ,I'm  in the planning stages for my set up .

I have a 2019 Ford F-250 4x4 short bed. I have a full size spare underneath  35's.

I was considering putting the spare up on one of the tire swing outs on the rear ( Wilco is one brand) that also have a table for food prep and other uses . The only way I think I'd justify the co$t if there was a way to utilize the spare tire space for storage .does anyone have any ideas or know of solutions for storage underneath  or preferred tire storage swing outs .

Any input would be much appreciated,opintions/ideas please bring them all .

Thanks again 

Dave 

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,283 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 05 July 2022 - 10:46 PM

You could have a metal box fabricated to fit the area and use the storage

for items you don't use all the time.

With a lock and weather proof.

Could be a great use of that area.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 vtarider65

vtarider65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVentura county

Posted 05 July 2022 - 11:28 PM

You could have a metal box fabricated to fit the area and use the storage

for items you don't use all the time.

With a lock and weather proof.

Could be a great use of that area.

Frank

Thanks frank ,

I was  wondering if anyone has experience in the best size/type box for that area.or any other creative ideas. as we all know , storage is a precious  commodity with these rigs. 

#4 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 06 July 2022 - 12:46 AM

I considered moving the gray and clean water tanks to that area. After a bunch of thought I concluded that this would work better with a flatbed than with a pick-up bed. Mostly because I didn't want to cut those holes in the pick-up bed.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#5 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 06 July 2022 - 01:05 AM

Just be aware that putting your rear tire so far back takes weight off the front axle and adds more than the tire/rack weight to the rear axle. On our setup, all our camper weight went on the rear axle.

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#6 vtarider65

vtarider65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVentura county

Posted 06 July 2022 - 10:59 PM

I considered moving the gray and clean water tanks to that area. After a bunch of thought I concluded that this would work better with a flatbed than with a pick-up bed. Mostly because I didn't want to cut those holes in the pick-up bed.

yea thats not a bad Idea , I even thought of additional water storage for more showers . I know some of the Van outfitters are making tanks that fit there(spare tire area  . But just bring a extra 5 gal can should work too..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: storage, tire swing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users