#1 BryanToyFWC

BryanToyFWC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 31 July 2022 - 03:49 PM

Hey friendly campers with electrical know how,

Anyone by chance have an electrical diagram for a 2017 Hawk? Specifically the rear of the camper. My drill bit discovered a couple wires installing a sweet backup camera. Oops. Drilled two holes, one above the door and one through floor door threshold (should have checked this before drilling of course). **** happens.

Found the wires under the door threshold and think I repaired them but flood lights remain not working. Looking for a diagram to show where the flood light wires are to help me determine if they may be above the door (camera) or if I did a crappy job repairing the wires on the floor under the door.

#2 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,955 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 01 August 2022 - 10:01 PM

sorry, can't help much with wiring diagrams.  Even the factory won't say much.  That said, were you able to see the wire colours?  Typically only the hot wires are run back to the fuse panel or switch, and the ground wires are short and attached to a screw into the frame near the appliance.  So the flood lights will be grounded close to each flood assembly.

For clarity, you only found wires in one location, the threshold, right?

#3 BryanToyFWC

BryanToyFWC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 30 August 2022 - 03:04 AM

Hey Vic, sorry for late reply.  Just found the wires in the one location and was able to repair them.  Flood lights working again.  

I guess the lesson is to take things apart a little more before drilling holes!  

But, camera works really well, so all good for now.

Last project is to finally get the Victron DCDC installed.  Been sitting on the shelf.  So far my solar keeps things in great shape so haven't had a huge issue without the DCDC, but still should get it installed at some point.

#4 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,955 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 31 August 2022 - 05:46 PM

If you need help with the DCDC, let us know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users