6 replies to this topic

#1 DBAshland

DBAshland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAshland, OR

Posted 16 August 2022 - 09:23 PM

Getting ready to order marine hypervent for our Hawk. Does it only need to be installed under the mattress that's in the cabover part, or should I get enough to also go under the mattress of slide-out portion of bed?
There are a couple brands I've found online: "Genuine Hypervent" and "Aire Flow Hypervent". Any pros and cons? Preferences?

1 Comment

Comment

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 16 August 2022 - 10:59 PM

Since the slide is inside the camper, it doesn’t get exposed to the cold like the cabover section. I don’t believe it’s necessary. My new cougar will only have it on the cabover.

I am haunted by waters

#3 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 17 August 2022 - 03:57 AM

I put it under the whole bed. It’s flatter that way, and there has to be a way for the moisture at the front of the bed to make it out the back (closest to the back of the truck) to make it out from under the bed.

#4 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 17 August 2022 - 05:17 AM

What Vic Harder said!

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#5 veryactivelife

veryactivelife

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 August 2022 - 10:53 PM

I have the genuine HyperVent product in my camper for 7 years now. Works great and there hasn’t been any comprehension or deforestation. HyperVent has a special right now on their website, $9.99 per foot for 40” width., that seems to be about what the knockoff costs.

Dean

Dean and Mary
2015 RAM 2500 Cummins with 2015 Four Wheel Campers Hawk flatbed

VeryActiveLife on Facebook, instagram & YouTube

#6 AdventureDave

AdventureDave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSan Luis Obispo, CA

Posted 21 August 2022 - 08:29 PM

The HyperVent people address the difference between HyperVent and Hypervent Aire-Flow on the home page as you scroll down. 

I decided to use another product instead of HyperVent.  The HyPUR-Flo product from Tochta has the same purpose at about the same price but is slightly thinner (1/2" instead of 3/4" thick) and has a smoother top/bottom surface that I believe is less likely to snag on fitted sheets and the slider board.  The thinner aspect was important to me because I wanted every inch between the cabover floor and the ceiling to be available for the mattress and topper.  I managed to squeeze in the original 4" foam (without the covers), 2" memory foam topper, and a fitted quilted cover (so I don't have to lie directly on the memory foam). 

Here's the link to the Tochta HyPUR-Flo product.  I also got fitted sheets and the quilted topper from them - these were made to an exact fit to the mattress dimensions I provided.  https://www.tochta.c...ure-protection/

#7 ArcherJim

ArcherJim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 February 2023 - 08:19 PM

AdventureDave, I'm considering the HyPUR-Flo product for the same reasons you mentioned -- less friction moving the slider board in and out, and thinner, since I'd fold it up along the cushion edges so vapor can escape, without the cushion up against the wet wall surface.

How's it been working for you so far?  Do you find the 1/2" thickness enough to keep the cushion dry? 

Appreciate any thoughts.

2022 Ford F-150 HDPP with 2022 ATC Puma Shell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users