This recent trip was sited "way back east" and may not be of broad interest on WTW. That said, I commonly see western tags on campers on this side of the US so thinking some may be interested. Here is the trip overview and a link to a full report and lots of photos over on EP.
The hot and muggy dog days of August in Northern Virginia had me dreaming of cooler areas up North. Time had come to do some vehicle based roaming & exploring and enjoy vast forested areas, logging roads, cool clear rivers and of course Lobster Rolls!
The basic plan would be a loop routing up to Maine, then mosey west staying near the Canadian border to the Thousand Islands area of NY, then homeward via I-81 over a period of 24 days:
- Depart NOVA and do a transit overnight in the Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area.
- Two nights on Cape Cod.
- Two nights in the southern coast area near Freeport Maine.
- Two nights middle coastal area near Desert Island/Acadia NP Maine.
- Two nights interior of Maine near Millinocket Maine.
- Route westward enjoying northern New Hampshire and Vermont over 8 days.
- Four days enjoying the Adirondack Park and the Thousand Islands area in NY.
My son Ryan would be joining me for the first 5 nights, then he would fly home and my daughter Laura would fly in and enjoy the next 4 nights. We used the Portland Maine airport for the air logistics. The rest of the trip it would be just me and OZY, my ACD.
Trip Link: https://expeditionpo...s-of-ny.234352/
Enjoy & safe travels!