2 replies to this topic

#1 PopArch

PopArch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 28 August 2022 - 06:27 AM

Hi. Thinking about making a run over to Cape Perpetua on Oregon Coast. Anybody do any dispersed camping on NFD-55? Sites near Cook’s Ridge East Trailhead? Thanks for any sage advice.

Edited by PopArch, 28 August 2022 - 06:28 AM.

Dirt roads. Dispersed camping. Creating new stories every day.

Setup: Four Wheel Camper Hawk on my RAM 2500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed.

#2 eyemgh

eyemgh

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 03:04 PM

Dispersed camping on the coast is tough. By the time you head up and find something, it’s typically in the woods, dusty, and hot. You don’t feel like you’re at the ocean. If you get high enough for a peek view, then it gets even hotter. I don’t generally like campgrounds, but the coast is the exception. I usually stay at Tillicum just north of there, but I hear Beachside is nice too. They’re packed, but you can get spots right on the ocean. Following though to see if others chime in. 

#3 PopArch

PopArch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 29 September 2022 - 08:04 PM

Dispersed camping on the coast is tough. By the time you head up and find something, it’s typically in the woods, dusty, and hot. You don’t feel like you’re at the ocean. If you get high enough for a peek view, then it gets even hotter. I don’t generally like campgrounds, but the coast is the exception. I usually stay at Tillicum just north of there, but I hear Beachside is nice too. They’re packed, but you can get spots right on the ocean. Following though to see if others chime in. 

We're staying at Tillicum early next week as Cape Perpetua is closed for the season (seems awfully early?). Decided to head inland end of the week to see what we can find - maybe we'll get lucky and find an ocean view : ). October temps in the 60's. Appreciate the info!

Dirt roads. Dispersed camping. Creating new stories every day.

Setup: Four Wheel Camper Hawk on my RAM 2500 Big Horn 4x4 Crew Cab Short Bed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users