87 replies to this topic

#11 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 11 September 2022 - 03:09 AM

A couple of nights ago I deployed the comforter on my bed for the first time in months.

Downtown yesterday at 1pm I saw a guy wearing a quilted jacket -- zipped up. (though he was still wearing shorts)

Tonight I'm wearing socks in the house - instead of my usual barefootedness - for the first time in months. (though I'm still wearing shorts and a short-sleeve T-shirt)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#12 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:02 PM

We have light rain this morning!  Hopefully it will help with the fires, and what a delight to smell clean air, wet grass and the sagebrush.

I am haunted by waters

#13 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 13 September 2022 - 02:13 PM

A rain shower on the deck awning woke me early this morrning. The heat wave is over.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#14 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 19 September 2022 - 03:38 PM

I can see snow on the mountains from my kitchen table.

Guess I better work on getting the rest of the harvest in. I'll start some sauerkraut and hot pepper sauce fermenting today, get some bell peppers in the freezer and make a big pot of pozole. I already have 8 quarts of fermented kosher dills in the frig  and 12 pints of bread and butter pickles in the pantry as well as several half pints of pesto and a gallon of roasted Numex chiles in the freezer. And I've already raided the potato patch once. And near the end of August I was FINALLY getting some cherry tomatoes - doesn't look like the Romas are going to ripen before a freeze. Between the cold, wet spring and the major increase in rodents it was a difficult year in the garden. 

edit to add: garlic and onions were harvested a month ago

\

Edited by teledork, 20 September 2022 - 01:02 AM.

#15 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 03:43 PM

Rain started overnight and continues, 49 here this morning. Is it really fall? Please, let it be fall.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#16 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 19 September 2022 - 04:06 PM

Rain started overnight and continues, 49 here this morning. Is it really fall? Please, let it be fall.

:) Yes!

I am haunted by waters

#17 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 19 September 2022 - 10:13 PM

We had almost an inch by this morning here in Monterey area.

It sure helped clean up some of the oak moth caterpillar mess.

Need a lot more though.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#18 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 19 September 2022 - 10:20 PM

Yesterday evening I turned the central furnace on in my house for the first time since late spring. 

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#19 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts

Posted 19 September 2022 - 11:17 PM

Yesterday evening I turned the central furnace on in my house for the first time since late spring. 

Same here. :)

#20 teledork

teledork

Pinyon Jay

• Members
  • 577 posts
  • Locationeastern sierra

Posted 20 September 2022 - 01:06 AM

Oh. I am just at the point of maybe shutting some windows at night because of cold instead of smoke. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users