#11 Colorado Mark

Colorado Mark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationLittleton & Buena Vista, CO

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:23 PM

Mine would randomly go off.  Was replaced once under warranty.  Was replaced again on my dime.

Would still randomly go off.  I actually carry a low pressure gas gauge in the camper.  Comes in handy for tourists that visit this altitude and verifying that they actually have no leaks and the pressure is correct from the regulator.

Its amazing how many brand new RV's don't have the regulator set correctly to 11"WC.  

Getting back on topic, wire cutters finally fixed my problem.

#12 FreezingMan

FreezingMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 06:47 PM

After having the same issue I switched CO/Propane monitor brands.  I installed this one from etrailer. https://www.etrailer...afe/RS34FR.html.  6 months out and no interrupted sleep.  It was an easy install in my Fleet.

#13 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,955 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 15 November 2022 - 07:01 PM

love the size of that one, and that the expiry date is prominently displayed!

#14 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 16 November 2022 - 12:32 PM

love the size of that one, and that the expiry date is prominently displayed!

Interesting that they have a date on it (manufacture date) as I thought that the "timer" went off once you powered it up the first time but, maybe they test them after manufacture so that date is simultaneous with build and test.  Would make sense and lead me to checking the boxes before purchase to get the latest date possible. :-)

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#15 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 November 2022 - 02:41 PM

When mine goes off, usually when there is high humidity, I push the front reset button and open the battery compartment door a bit. Seems to stop the beeping every time. 

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#16 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 16 November 2022 - 03:53 PM

The sensor has a surface layer that is consumed over time as it is heated to make the sensor work. As the sensing material is used up, it reaches a point where the detector fails to give reliable detection of the gas.

There are likely mass quantities of statistics produced that are used to generate a reliable time limit in the RV environment. All the replacement detectors I have seen on the shelf probably start with a five year life. Unless the vendor rotates the stock, you could be buying one that is several years old when you picked it off the shelf. Unless you can see the expiration date on the package, buy from a vendor that sells a lot of them so that you are more likely to get a fresh one.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users