4 replies to this topic

#1 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:42 PM

Just just getting started, and fishing for ideas and feedback.  The image below is of my battery box ( 2 G24 AGMs), and my Engel MT 45.  I’m thinking I’ll move the batteries to a new box on the RH side, and slide the Engel over to the left.  The new box will be compartmentalized to have batteries forward, and storage aft, under the dinette seat.  The current box will be repurposed somewhere TBD.  This build will not have a water system, sink or shore power, although the external ports are present.  It does have a furnace and stove.

Lots to be done.

Your ideas are welcome.

gallery_4841_711_2797193.jpeg

I am haunted by waters

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:53 PM

Brain storming ideas...........design a front dinette with seats as high as the upper (top most) step in the floor pack - if that's a comfortable height for sitting. Design so it will convert into a bed. Box on the right and box on the left. Put engel on a slide that comes out of one of the boxes for access. Batteries in the other box.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 12 September 2022 - 07:06 AM

remember to keep the turnbuckle doors accessible!

#4 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 12 September 2022 - 01:25 PM

Brain storming ideas...........design a front dinette with seats as high as the upper (top most) step in the floor pack - if that's a comfortable height for sitting. Design so it will convert into a bed. Box on the right and box on the left. Put engel on a slide that comes out of one of the boxes for access. Batteries in the other box.

Great ideas.Keep it simple.

Keep posting as you progress.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#5 BlueSky

BlueSky

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 05:06 PM

I built a front dinette that converts to a bed like you have described. I have an '08 Tundra, and at 5'9" and sitting at the dinette my feet didn't touch the floor. So, I built a storage space, 6" up from the floor, and far enough out so that 4 people sitting at the dinette can rest their feet on the top of the storage space.

i-Xbckh4N-X2.jpg

i-8pRd92S-X2.jpg

i-wFs8hgN-XL.jpg

The Tundra has a deep bed, so your truck may be different and you may not run into this floor height problem.

Edited by BlueSky, 12 September 2022 - 05:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users