#1 robcc

robcc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBayfield Colorado

Posted 24 September 2022 - 02:28 PM

We have an AT gas can holder and we carry a 20 L nato gas can. They sell two different types of straps for Nato or Scepter cans. Does anyone know if there is a water jug that works a Nato strap/system. The Scepter can doesn't work with the nato strap. 

Also when carrying extra gas I've been trying to use that extra gas a few weeks to a month after a trip to avoid using old gas. Should I be adding a stabilizer to keep that gas from going bad? 

#2 heinphoto

heinphoto

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area (East Bay)

Posted 24 September 2022 - 05:38 PM

We have an AT gas can holder and we carry a 20 L nato gas can. They sell two different types of straps for Nato or Scepter cans. Does anyone know if there is a water jug that works a Nato strap/system. The Scepter can doesn't work with the nato strap. 

Also when carrying extra gas I've been trying to use that extra gas a few weeks to a month after a trip to avoid using old gas. Should I be adding a stabilizer to keep that gas from going bad? 

I believe AT Overland sells the straps separately, so one option would be to purchase the Scepter strap so that you can use either style container.  The Scepter style water containers appear to be more readily available.

I don't believe there is any reason to use stabilizer for storing gas for a few weeks or a month (you don't add stabilizer to your gas tank when you don't refill for a month).  I think stabilizer is needed if you are storing for several months or longer.

FWC Slide-in Grandby and OEV Aluma Tray on a Ford F350 Supercab with the 6.2L Gas Engine.

http://www.heinphoto.com/

IG: heinphoto

#3 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 07 October 2022 - 01:07 PM

The Frontrunner water can may fit the NATO strap. Mine is reasonably close in shape to the NATO fuel can that sits right behind it. I don't have an AT holder though, so no idea how any of that fits and works.

If you do buy one of the Frontrunner cans I highly suggest buying the metal upgrade spigot. Why they don't just come with those already is a mystery.

Thom

Where does that road go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users