#1 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 03:48 PM

Hey Guys!

So I am currently in my Hawk in beautiful Bryce Canyon, UT and need a good hot shower.  Since I've received my camper last year I have used the shower a handful of times. Every time when I connect the shower and turn the knob to the hottest setting I get no hot water at all. Sometimes hot water dribbles out if I nudge the knob a bit towards the cold setting...but then it just gets 100% cold. 

I have the hot water pump and water pump running and let it run and fill up beforehand for a half hour or so just to make sure. I bought a new shower hose and head. still nothing. is there a trick or has anyone dealt with this before? 

#2 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 30 September 2022 - 07:12 PM

A possibility...

Try the Facebook link below (it works for me but I'm not sure it will work for everyone)

Click on the second photo to see a video Stan made about freeing up a sticky part in the mixing valve.

Outside-shower-valve fix

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#3 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 30 September 2022 - 08:07 PM

Try draining the water heater tank and cleaning out the deposits that come off the anode rod. These deposits get into the hot water system and plug small orifices.

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#4 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:11 PM

A possibility...

Try the Facebook link below (it works for me but I'm not sure it will work for everyone)

Click on the second photo to see a video Stan made about freeing up a sticky part in the mixing valve.

Outside-shower-valve fix

yeah this video right here: 

#5 Neversummer70

Neversummer70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:13 PM

ok cant share youtube vids. For those at home (or even worse, sweaty in the middle of the Utah desert) with this problem . Google "You Tube 

How to easily fix a stuck water valve on your outside shower fixture l Four Wheel Popup Camper

"

#6 steve whiteside

steve whiteside

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSan Diego CA

Posted 04 October 2022 - 08:32 PM

A possibility...

Outside-shower-valve fix

I had the same problem.  Doing what the video suggested worked for me.  I think min issue came from some time at lower than freezing temps.  I had my tanks empty but the water in the line froze and pushed that little valve shut.  Using a blunt rod of about 1/8" dia and pushing on that face that stan showed in the video did the trick.  My issue then became how to get those fitting to seal, but that was another story.  Hope this helps.  steve

2012 F350 4x4

2020 Grandby

#7 Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 11:50 AM

I just had a cold shower in WV, after lighting off HW. Well at least I know my HW will light off! So gonna try to fix this in hopes of a hot shower tomorrow! Thanks!

#8 Jsoboti

Jsoboti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 01 August 2023 - 06:50 PM

The check valve on the backside of the shower connection for the hot water was broken on mine. FWC sent me the new parts and it took about 20 minutes to swap it all out. Worth checking, theres vids online. 

2014 F-350 | 2019 FWC Hawk | King Suspension 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: water, hot water, hawk, shower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users