• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 09 October 2022 - 01:50 PM

Steve, your AC system has a drain in the heater box for AC evaporator ice melt, they chew thru the rubber drain tube and enter the heater case. Check for the drain tube, most of the time you can see the tube from under vehicle on the right side on the bottom of the heater/ac case. Try some cayenne pepper to run off the rodents, they don't like the stuff!!

#22 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 09 October 2022 - 01:52 PM

Looks like the last haul will provide Monte with all the material he will need for his "midges"

#23 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 09 October 2022 - 01:55 PM

Steve, your AC system has a drain in the heater box for AC evaporator ice melt, they chew thru the rubber drain tube and enter the heater case. Check for the drain tube, most of the time you can see the tube from under vehicle on the right side on the bottom of the heater/ac case. Try some cayenne pepper to run off the rodents, they don't like the stuff!!

Thank you, much appreciated!

I am haunted by waters

#24 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 09 October 2022 - 03:36 PM

In the barn it's rats in the feed, in the house it's mice in the EVERYTHING, in the garden it's gophers and in the harbor it's the flying rodents, the pigeons! The birds can destroy a boat in no time. 

No mercy!

Rodents are the only beasts that I terminate not for food, but out of self defense.  My good friend came within inches of his life from mice. He contracted Hantavirus from mice droppings when cleaning the attic of his cabin and no joke, almost died. 

Be sure to wear a respirator and gloves when going into battle. Hantavirus is real and not to be taken lightly.

#25 Atlin

Atlin

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationSequim, WA; Atlin, BC

Posted 10 October 2022 - 04:48 AM

Sage, the rodents will often enter through the cabin air intake system, particularly in Toyotas.  Worthwhile putting a piece of hardware cloth over the top of the cabin air filter, which will keep them from getting into the interior (at least through the air intake route).  Another thing that apparently helps on Toyotas is to put the air on recirc before shutting down. We had a mouse set up shop in our FJ  Cruiser that sat in a garage for 2.5 years (we couldn't get to it as it was in Canada) that made a real mess.  We pulled the entire interior, including seats, floor, headliner etc. and cleaned it all up and the FJ still smells like mouse.  We're now calling it the mousemobile.  Hoping that the smell eventually goes away.....

#26 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 21 October 2022 - 09:00 PM

An update? How's the mice war going? Did you find the entry point? Curiosity is building! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#27 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 09:14 PM

No joy finding the entry point, but since the nest was on top of the cabin air filter, I suspect the air intake to be the POI.   I replaced the filter, stuck a bunch of rodent repellent in the cab, and I keep a snap trap inside.

So far, no evidence of more visitors.

I am haunted by waters

#28 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 02:17 PM

Well… sugarfoot!  One of the little monsters is back.  He even chewed on the bags of “Rodent Repellent “.  Thankfully, no nest in the cabin air filter.

It’s time to get my Wrodent Wrangler duds on and catch the little twerp.

I am haunted by waters

#29 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 12 January 2023 - 03:25 PM

Well… sugarfoot!  One of the little monsters is back.  He even chewed on the bags of “Rodent Repellent “.  Thankfully, no nest in the cabin air filter.

It’s time to get my Wrodent Wrangler duds on and catch the little twerp.

No explosives Mr. Sage. I know we can get easily tempted, but don't use explosives until it's absolutely necessary.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#30 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 04:28 PM

No explosives Mr. Sage. I know we can get easily tempted, but don't use explosives until it's absolutely necessary.

I’m thinking CS gas just might be in order…

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users