12 replies to this topic

#11 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 26 October 2022 - 11:43 PM

Speaking of rattlers! Hey Mark BC , remember that time over on that desert over look on the  east side of the Steens- Rush Creek(?)-Ya know it was not to much after my faithful border collie Bob, got bit on the head by a rattler over by "Donner and Blitzen "Creek, and I was telling you how he never forgot about being bit, and would   go on snake patrol as soon as soon as camp was set up.   I remember we just sat there and watched him as he walked back and forth in the sage and after a while, we wandered out to see what he found and yep-he found a snake-wasn't a rattler, just a garter snake-I think, been a while.  he didn't kill it or anything-just wanted know if  snakes were around I guess!  Allot of the places we go, we need a good snake dog!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#12 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 04 June 2023 - 09:12 PM

"........but wait, there's more!" :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#13 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 05 June 2023 - 01:59 PM

As mentioned earlier, I have an unfounded irrational issue with snakes, particularly buzztails. Yikes, sends shivers down my spine! Jill has already encountered several this year while riding Willow. One actually slithered under the horse as they were meandering up a trail. Hills surrounding Camarillo, Ventura County.

Edited by Mighty Dodge Ram, 05 June 2023 - 02:19 PM.

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users