5 replies to this topic

#1 genesis379

genesis379

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 October 2022 - 03:26 AM

Can the Rieco Four Corner Mechanical Jacks with C-Ring Clamp be used for a Four Wheel Hawk as opposed to the fixed plate jacks? I have the opportunities to get the c-ring clamps jacks and want to ensure they will work.  

https://www.riecotit...&product_id=226

#2 Jon R

Jon R

• Members
  • 928 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 30 October 2022 - 04:36 AM

The first question is whether they would mount properly on the camper’s existing corner brackets. I suspect they would from looking at the manual, but don’t actually know.

The second question is whether that mounting method would space the jacks wide enough that you have adequate clearance to the truck sides to allow a little maneuvering as you back your truck under the camper. If you have an HD truck it won’t be adequate. A half ton or a Tundra might clear. You would want to measure this for your truck. My GMC 3500 hd needed extension brackets in the front for the fenders to clear with some margin. The rear jacks just use the Reico welded plate with no extensions.

Jon R

2021 Grandby Slide-in Front Dinette

2021 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW Gas

1993 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab LB

#3 genesis379

genesis379

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 October 2022 - 12:15 PM

Thanks Jon. I have an ‘06 Tundra access cab with a Hawk on it currently. We used a friends jacks to get it on but I’m hoping to buy the c-clamp model used for a seller nearby. Thanks for your help.

#4 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 30 October 2022 - 02:31 PM

The Rieco-Titans on my 2001 Hawk are the c-ring ones. Those came with it.  I used them to load the camper onto  my older (2001) F150 by bolting them directly to the camper's jack brackets.

When I replaced the F-150 with a 2013 Tundra, I added 1/4" aluminum extension plates.  I don't quite remember whether I HAD to have the plates or just wanted additional clearance.

Note: My Hawk has the older jack brackets (the one-piece, 14", five-hole ones) but I believe the jacks should also work with the newer brackets (the two-piece, 13", three-hole ones).  (And I see the ones in the manual are the newer style two-piece ones.)

RiecoWithPlate600800.jpg

Edited 10/31/22 to add:

Update:  

This morning  I noticed the manual shows different part numbers for jack brackets for fixed versus c-ring jacks.  Does that mean the c-ring jacks ONLY work with the brackets with the c-ring part number?  Or will they work with either?

So I called Rieco-Titan Products in Frankfort, Illinois.  According to customer service agent 'Sue',  the c-ring jacks will work with either bracket.  The different part numbers have to do with the type of hardware included with the bracket ordered under those numbers.

Edited by Old Crow, 31 October 2022 - 07:59 PM.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#5 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 31 October 2022 - 11:53 PM

Yes, the C-Clamp style Reico Titan camper jacks will work just fine.

If you are putting the jacks on & off the camper frequently, then it is a bit of a PITA.

But if you are only installing the jacks once a year, then no problem at all.

Or mounts the jacks to a small aluminum plate (like old crow did), and the jacks will go on & off easier.

Tweety's  --

https://tweetys.com/...hitesetof2.aspx

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#6 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 02 November 2022 - 02:27 PM

And if you do happen to want a quick-release jack system, consider this...

cvant's post in "Quick removal camper jacks?" thread

Note that cvant thoughtfully included attachments with drawings with dimensions and provided part numbers for the shoulder screws and nylon locking nuts.  That info could be taken to a fabrication shop.

Well done, cvant!

(also- see the entire thread for other ideas to speed up jack removal)

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jacks, rieco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users