3 replies to this topic

#1 Cbessler

Cbessler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 02:23 PM

Hey everyone. I have a 2014 fwc fleet with a CR 80L fridge. My fridge gasket is falling off and needs replaced.

I contacted dometic and they stated that this item is discontinued and is part of the waeco group. Still unable to find one through multiple outlets.

Is this something simple that I can take any semi-truck or boat fridge gasket and replace it and just cut to length?

Thanks for the help

#2 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 22 November 2022 - 03:41 PM

The door gasket on my 2014 Hawk Dometic fridge is frequently pulled off. I have found that it is usually some sticky food substance that in combination with the magnetic gasket exceeds the force that keeps the gasket stuck in the groove on the door. Try cleaning the gasket surface and its mating surface on the fridge door opening, drying it and wipe some silicone spray on both contact surfaces.

To get some more life out of the gasket, you could also put some very small dabs of RTV sealant in the groove or back side of the gasket near the corners. As long as the gasket mating surface is not damaged, I’d keep fiddling with it to keep the annoyance factor down. Having to replace a $50  gasket with a new thousand $ fridge doesn’t appeal to me. 

Even Silly Putty might work, if you could find some

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#3 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 22 November 2022 - 06:36 PM

Back-pocket info if you can't come up with anything else (and if it's the right one)...

This gasket?

Dometic fridge door gasket for CR080, part number 42-091-091GS01

The web site is Australian but I see they ship to the US.  After putting the item into the cart, I went to the cart and put in my zip code and saw that international shipping (to Pennsylvania) would be just under $24.  (Note- I believe prices are in US dollars, not Australian dollars.  Not sure if there would be an import duty. Perhaps worth an email to verify before ordering).

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#4 Cbessler

Cbessler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 December 2022 - 05:23 PM

Hey Paul T. Your idea worked great man! No more fridge gasket coming off everytime you open it up. Cleaned it a ton then added dabs of sealant in the grooves and works peefectly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users