• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 nfs1

nfs1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 03:26 PM

What do y’all think about this 2016 Hawk? I checked it out and it’s for the most part in excellent shape. Of course the owner didn’t include a picture of the dinged driver side front roof corner and dirty exterior vinyl. Not bad though the vinyl cleans up fine and the ding is really just cosmetic.

https://orangecounty...7557581230.html

He came down to 23K. Think that’s a fair price?

Thanks

Edited by nfs1, 01 December 2022 - 03:27 PM.

#2 BBZ

BBZ

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationGolden, CO

Posted 01 December 2022 - 03:41 PM

Seems fair to me..

The vinyl on the exterior seems to always be dirty in my experience. I clean it a few times a year with the 303 stuff recommended but it really never gets perfectly clean on my 2013 Grandby

2023 F-150 Scab HDPP + 2013 Grandby Shell +

https://www.wanderth...ect-90s-granby/

#3 Ben_1987

Ben_1987

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 05:25 PM

I bought a used 2017 hawk last summer very similar to this build minus the hot water/shower. I paid $20k but that was about $5k less than what I thought he could have gotten for it. The price you listed seems fair if there’s nothing major wrong with it. I looked off and on for almost two years to get a newish hawk so I definitely put in the work to get a good deal.

#4 nfs1

nfs1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:37 PM

Seems fair to me..
The vinyl on the exterior seems to always be dirty in my experience. I clean it a few times a year with the 303 stuff recommended but it really never gets perfectly clean on my 2013 Grandby

This guy suggested lightly wet sanding with 303. I’m not sure about that though. Vinyl and sanding doesn’t seem like a good combo.

#5 nfs1

nfs1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:40 PM

I bought a used 2017 hawk last summer very similar to this build minus the hot water/shower. I paid $20k but that was about $5k less than what I thought he could have gotten for it. The price you listed seems fair if there’s nothing major wrong with it. I looked off and on for almost two years to get a newish hawk so I definitely put in the work to get a good deal.

Yeah nothing major wrong. I’ve been looking for a while too and have had several get away.

#6 BBZ

BBZ

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationGolden, CO

Posted 01 December 2022 - 08:09 PM

This guy suggested lightly wet sanding with 303. I’m not sure about that though. Vinyl and sanding doesn’t seem like a good combo.

Thats seems like a bad idea.. a little dirt just means it being used as directed..

2023 F-150 Scab HDPP + 2013 Grandby Shell +

https://www.wanderth...ect-90s-granby/

#7 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 02:24 PM

Priced about right, maybe offer a couple K less and see if he will come down, you never know.  Do not wet sand the viny and do not use cleaners or coatings with petroleum distilliates in them.

#8 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,535 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 02 December 2022 - 02:55 PM

If you buy, check with FWC about care and feeding of vinyl.  It’s usually mild soap and water followed by 3M 303 Aerospace Protectant.  There is a 303 cleaner, but I don’t know if it’s recommended.

If the current owner has sanded the vinyl, I personally would either walk away, or hard offer about $3000 less than asking price.

I am haunted by waters

#9 nfs1

nfs1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 06:28 PM

Priced about right, maybe offer a couple K less and see if he will come down, you never know. Do not wet sand the viny and do not use cleaners or coatings with petroleum distilliates in them.

Thanks. He wouldn’t go lower than 23K. I‘m picking up it up tomorrow. Talked to FWC HQ in SoCal and they said 2016 is good because they still support parts for it.

#10 nfs1

nfs1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 06:41 PM

If you buy, check with FWC about care and feeding of vinyl. It’s usually mild soap and water followed by 3M 303 Aerospace Protectant. There is a 303 cleaner, but I don’t know if it’s recommended.

If the current owner has sanded the vinyl, I personally would either walk away, or hard offer about $3000 Les than asking price.

Don’t think he did. I’lI have another look tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users