Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:40 PM

Don't even know whether a "stunt" like this needs any attention.

There are some real stupid and non caring people out there.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 01 December 2022 - 06:41 PM

Another example of the "Look at me! Aren't I cute!" culture of narcissistic behavior. I suppose she does not care about the shame most of us would feel as long as she gets to be the center of attention. However briefly. Truth is, I just read the article and have already forgotten her name.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 01 December 2022 - 11:32 PM

No monetary fine would be my preference.  I would have suggested 140 hours/months for 6 months of supervised labor in the national park system.

I am haunted by waters

#5 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 02 December 2022 - 12:21 AM

No monetary fine would be my preference.  I would have suggested 140 hours/months for 6 months of supervised labor in the national park system.

That is my thought also.

Money probably isn't a problem with her but time that's another thing altogether.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#6 JaSAn

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 December 2022 - 01:20 AM

I would bet she made more than that from her initial posting.

I agree labor in the Grand Canyon, something like picking up and packing trash out of the canyon, would be a better teacher.  For too many people the monetary fines are trivial compared to the status/views/money that these stunts bring.  Its just a cost associated with increasing viewership.

Sköldpaddan, a 1977 FWC Grandby
Renovating Skoldpaddan
2012 Ram 2500 4X4
1951 Dodge Power Wagon

#7 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 02 December 2022 - 01:34 PM

At first I thought that the fine should be increased by at least a factor of 1000, but after reading the comments above I'm also in favor or Community Service picking up other people's trash above and below the Rim. With the stipulation that she can have no electronics on her person or in her gear while doing that work. AND she must make a post detailing what she did wrong and what her punishment is.

Edited by ntsqd, 02 December 2022 - 01:35 PM.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#8 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 02 December 2022 - 03:21 PM

I am surprised she was not fined for not having a permit to film. I follow Park Junkie, he has many good videos on the National Parks. he is very upset with the new rules on cell phone filming on BLM, NF, and NP, lands. If you put the video up on any site that pays you money you are in violation. I have no problem with a fine or better yet  picking up garbage for someone who hits a golf ball into the Grand Canyon. I do have mixed feeling on fines for taking video with a cell phone or small video camera. 

#9 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 02 December 2022 - 06:43 PM

Wow, a Gen Z narcissist referring to herself as an "influencer" doing something incredibly dangerous, stupid, and illegal, then posting video of the act on the Intertubes for the whole world to see. 

I'm stunned.

Foy

#10 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 03 December 2022 - 04:09 PM

Toilets…she should be cleaning toilets. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users